Con man sussed! Classic!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is typical , he tries it on , and when things start to get uncomfortable for him he threatens court action ,
questions everyone's morals , anything he can think of to take the heat off. He knows he's a lowlife . Shame on him.

I have been severely disabled since I was 12 and I find this all very sad, I have read the threads on this chap and I'm afraid I don't believe him he has told us nothing that couldn't be found with 10 minutes of Googling about blindness to use this as a reason to make people sorry for him and to con/beg equipment from people and companies for profit is disgusting.

This will upset alot of genuine disabled people, as life's hard enough as it is and this does nothing to help matters and if and when we need a little extra help it makes people question our motives!

This is just my view on it all...

Having worked with disabled people, and only having one working eye I concur seaco, it's dispicable!
When I watch someone who's severely disabled struggle to do what the rest of us take for granted it makes my blood boil!

Roy.

For what it's worth.. I do believe that the members mentioned have genuine disabilities but..... being disabled does not automatically make anyone any more honest or preclude them from doing things that most might regard as morally dubious.

studders":31mpa2r7 said:
For what it's worth.. I do believe that the members mentioned have genuine disabilities but..... being disabled does not automatically make anyone any more honest or preclude them from doing things that most might regard as morally dubious.

I totally agree but in doing so he hurts all disabled people which makes what he does worse!

being disabled does not automatically make anyone any more honest or preclude them from doing things that most might regard as morally dubious.

That is unfortunately very true I'm sorry to say.
My sight problem is more of a damn nuisance than anything else, I have recently felted the roof of our woodstore, and driving the nails in when you have no depth perception is probably hilarious to watch.

Roy.

That's really strange Roy...are you completely blind in the poor eye?

I lost my right eye in a car smash when I was 21 and a passenger...(not my fault I may add)...and initially...I found I would bump into things and all sorts of other annoyances. The doctor said this would be compensated eventually...I find myself blinking with the good eye and slightly moving my head when I am doing things that require depth perception...

It has not affected me over these last 30 odd years...

If I said it did...anyone fancy giving me a milling machine...I am a professional juggler and knitting consultant and require it to teach Leprechauns how to make flour... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:

Seriously though...this is ever so slightly worrying and I think...probably illegal.....I think the police should be informed if the evidence is clear enough to warrant investigation.

Jim

I woke one morning with a black hole in the vision in my left eye Jim, I was hospitalised immediately with the assumption that I was suffering from age related macular degeneration. The light sensitive rods and cones fall away, also high blood pressure can effectively blast them away.
After 22 months the doctors gave up on a diagnosis, but to prevent further damage the elements around the hole were welded back into place with a laser.
The end result, for me, was a hole in the centre surrounded by a larger area of distorted vision so that I see nothing straght ahead but retain peripheral vision, which frankly is worse than no sight at all!
Sitting at this computer I see two of everything, if I close the affected eye and stare at a word on screen then switch eyes the left one is looking down and to the right.
I was 60 at the time and was told that I would adjust to the loss of depth perception, had I been younger that may well have been so, but not for me.
Reading can only be accomplished by closing the left eye, trying to locate the head of a screw etc is a trial and error job.
If you have ever read my posts on the jigs thread you will see that I use jigs extensively, they keep my fingers away from the sharp rotatating parts!
In addition the left eye sees things as being smaller, my brain interprets that as being further away, again not helping when judging how close a cutter is.
Beyond about 20 ft I have no problem and can easily pass the DVLA eye test.
What really upset me was I was taking flying lessons but I can no longer see the instruments clearly, so that went overboard!
I was concerned about driving but the DVLA stated at that time that I met their requirements.
Like you I bump into things on my left side and trip over things 'cos the damn floor isn't where my eyes tell me it is, stairs are a nightmare, especially descending, but fortunately I live in bungalow.
You adjust as best you can, as you will have.

Roy.

I think your one statement about being better off without vision in that eye is probably more accurate than you imagine. My retina detached after the accident...after I had regained vision and that was it....they filled it with oil to keep the eye but the vision went.

I don't even think about it now..it has not affected me except make me more cautious about the other one! :mrgreen:

I feel for you mate!

Jim

jimi43":wjikikj7 said:
If I said it did...anyone fancy giving me a milling machine...I am a professional juggler and knitting consultant and require it to teach Leprechauns how to make flour... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:
Jim

Lol. Now that is funny. Good on ya mate for having such a great sense if humour about it.

Si

I've kept out of this, but now it seems to be "resolved" I think I can tell my 2p.

I'm not blind. But I do have very poor eyesight. I've had two cornea grafts. With contact lenses I see normally (6 hours a day). Without them I can't recognise you at two paces (the other 18 - OK I'm asleep for some of that).
About a year or so ago I got a call one Sunday afternoon from a blind woodworker. I don't know if he was TBW or not. I was out walking with friends at the time and the conversation went on and on and on. In the end I had to be a bit ruder than I would be normally and ask him what the point of his call was. He asked if I would send him my DVDs. "Sure", I said, "You can order off my site." He wanted them for free and I asked what I could expect in return.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all in favour of a quid pro quo, companies have given me stuff and I've offered my exposure, such as it is, in exchange. Sometimes they've sent me stuff I don't like and so I don't show it off, but, in general, I think we've both been happy. But this was a one-way-deal. I asked if he made a profit from his woodwork. "Of course, there is a demand for my instruments." I pointed out that my DVDs do not make a profit (they do now, I've finally broken even after 5 years!) and I'd be grateful if he'd send me something in exchange for nothing. I also enquired what he expected to get from a video-based medium if he was blind.

One of us put the phone down.

As you say, for anyone with any kind of impairment, it leaves a sour taste.

As an aside, I saw and heard a one-armed guitar player busking in Nottingham last week. He was brilliant. His right-arm stump did the strumming whilst his good left hand did the fingering, if you didn't see you would not have known.

No fanfare, just getting one with it.
S

You'd have to ask what use a DVD would be to a 'blind' woodworker as well.

Roy.

Digit":10flsurp said:
You'd have to ask what use a DVD would be to a 'blind' woodworker as well.

Roy.

Maybe he watches it with his third eye... :D

Maybe stating the obvious Roy, but have you tried an eye patch for close up stuff, and just use the good eye ?

Rich

its funny because if you search gumtree with his mobile number it comes up with a request for free tools for his blind students.

adidat

I have been watching this thread and various other with interest.

I have come across various disabled woodworkers over the years and like most disabled people they just get on with it.

I think Tinytim made an error of judgement and is still posting on here and generally keeping his head down at the moment, so I think it is time we gave him a break and leave him alone and let him prove himself.

The TBW on the other hand is more suspect and I think sooner or later he will come unstuck.

But there is no reason he should be giving Noel and his fellow moderators a hard time as they have enough to do keeping the rest of us in line.

Tom

As far as i can see (no pun intended) TBW is alive & well & posting on another wood turning forum.

I presume it`s him as he goes also under the name of Lewis, though it could be a rather large coincidence, but he also uses "friend" a lot

I don't know about you but I'm getting the distinct impression that he won't be getting any hand outs to sell from this forum... Jog on Lewis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back