Con man sussed! Classic!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Digit":68vjepn1 said:
I'm 4 years past surgery Dave so barring some rotten bad luck I'm in the clear, and what you say about women/wives is so very true. I left hospital in a wheelchair, I could neither get into nor out of bed and spent three weeks living in a chair.
My wife and son did everything for me!
I can never repay her devotion and never a word of complaint the whole time.

Roy.

Hi Roy

4yrs m8 another 1 to go and you will have the all Clear,, I will keep my fingers crossed for you m8 and lets face it,,, you and your family deserve some good luck for a change.

Lons":68vjepn1 said:
To TBWW - I'm sorry to say that I was taken in by you initially - more fool me, although I didn't send you anything but a support message, I was initally tempted to do so

Hi Lons

I done the same thing m8, I am soooo glad I did not do so though Phew, A lucky escape for me.

Cheers

Dave

tomatwark":3tqluib1 said:
I notice that it was mentioned in an earlier post that he is a member of another woodturning forum.

As I don't follow the turning forums I am not sure which one it will be but it might be sensible for one of the moderators on here to contact one of the moderators one there privately to raise the concerns that are being expressed on here and elsewhere.

It maybe on there he has done nothing wrong but it means they can keep an eye on him I am sure the person who mentioned this could point them in the right direction.

Tom

Another " Tusses" moment #-o

Dave

Jonzjob":3ivwdot6 said:

Yes he's there. Quite an active member with over 150 posts, on a forum with only 160 (approx) members. Nothing in his posts to raise any suspicion. User name precisionturnings.

Roy.

PS..... Tusses...... PRICELESS MATE!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Jonzjob":1k6xb2gt said:

Wrong end of the stick, I think. 'Tusses' is on this forum. I was laughing at a couple of his 'classic' comments.

Silverbirch":1likzz5r said:
He has 150 odd by his name, but as a guest (?) I could only find 3 short posts that he was in?

He`s recently changed his username on that forum.

Ian

Doesn't appear to have changed much else:

precisionturnings":1likzz5r said:
P.S: If anyone has an interesting piece of wood and would love to see it turn into something unique from a blind turner's hands, P.M me and I'd be happy to turn something which would give you a new insight.

BugBear

OK.

to all who read this thread and these messages. I would like to issue a public appology to all those who have an opinion and those who have supported me. It was not my intention to commit any degree of fraud as I am being accused of. I was in genuine need of support from companies who got involved. due to extenuating circumstances beyond my control, I had to sort things out and contacted all parties I had been involved with to explain what has happened, to apologise unreservedly, return products to those who requested them back and also withdraw in some cases my role as an endorser.

I am deeply upset at this moment in time to be turned on by members of this board and I am depply sorry for the issues I have raised here. I simply ask that this issue close for all our sakes. When I joined this forum, I came here for a reason. that was to promote in a positive way, disabled woodworking and crafts, offering various training pages and much more. This would have been the case had people either been direct with me amd spoke with me or emailed me to discuss their concerns, but instead, I was turned on and attacked.

Please understand that I had genuinely asked for support from companies who understood my situation, even came to my location to see my small workshop built behind our home, to help get me back up and running.

The truth of the matter is very simple and you may as well know, to those who don't know the full issue here, read on.

I lost my sight -1/2 years ago after an horrific attack by school bullies who thought it was funny to pick on a visually impaired lad. From that, All I could see and still to this day is black. in fact, just a description as it's basically nothing. I trained as a joiner through my grandfather and he was a great man who got me through all the stress. After that, I was set up and no worries. a small shed became my home to start making things primarily for the fun of it and as a therapy. Sadly, some years later after a long drawn out battle to raise funds for a speaking computer, braille display and equipment, the funding didn't happen. so I had to close my small workshop, sell everything I had inherited, just so I could get on with life as a blind person.

I was advised to get back up and running and put up a fight and was offered support. from there, my involvement with various companies started.

this is the truth. If you choose not to believe me, this is your issue.

Please understand that I am tired of fighting and losing battles. I haven't the mental or physical strength to keep fighting anymore.

All I'm asking is that you understand. if you forgive me, that's upto you if not then fine but I can't keep fighting anymore.

Many others in the same shoes as me have had support and help but I've had to fight.

I'm sorry. I really am and this is really hurting me listening to all this.

Once again. I'm sorry to those who read this.

Yours.
TBW

I would further wish to apologise to Noel, the other moderators and Charlie for my behaviour, especially to Noel where I felt I had put my case to him and did so in the wrong way.

Please try to understand what I am saying here. As a disabled young person, trying to get any form of work with companies with my qualifications and training is difficult if impossible because of health and safety, insurance and also disability discrimination in the workplace. I know only too well what it's like and am in the same boat as others. When you can't get grants because of various conditions set by charities and you go door to door with charities to ask for support and tkey tell you now, they can't do it because of remits, certain profiles that don't fit, lack of funds, etc then yes it is the case. I've had to push my way through closed doors to get help needed and when there are people who are so ignorant, disability phobic and rude, wanting me to stay in an attic to be fed bread and water or be admitted to an establishment for disabled people until I depart, what would you do?

I know there's things I wish I had done differently and I regret what I've done. To those who've donated items etc, they've received goods back or where goods have failed, contributions sent to them.

Can I ask something please?

What would you do if it was you, son or daughter faced with a disability which will shake the foundations of your or their lives and where you couldn't get the support you need when you're banging your head on brick walls, ringing charities and organisations to apply for or reapply for funding and to be told NO on a constant basis, applying to banks for financial support, even as far as applying for credit cards to be refused as I had no means to repay a loan, etc. What would you do?

I'm really sorry for this entire series of events. Please forgive me.

I'm just trying to get on with what's left in my life and that's not much. At the end of the day I'm just a woodturner trying to get on and manage. I don't expect sympathy like some people quote me to being. I just ask for some freedom in what's left of my life.

Because you don't know me, you've never met me, spoken to me or had the chance to get to know me inside out, you judge me for this and condemn me for it. I'm sorry to you all.

yours.
TBW

theblindwoodturner":267cby6e said:
I would further wish to apologise to Noel, the other moderators and Charlie for my behaviour, especially to Noel where I felt I had put my case to him and did so in the wrong way.

Please try to understand what I am saying here. As a disabled young person, trying to get any form of work with companies with my qualifications and training is difficult if impossible because of health and safety, insurance and also disability discrimination in the workplace. I know only too well what it's like and am in the same boat as others. When you can't get grants because of various conditions set by charities and you go door to door with charities to ask for support and tkey tell you now, they can't do it because of remits, certain profiles that don't fit, lack of funds, etc then yes it is the case. I've had to push my way through closed doors to get help needed and when there are people who are so ignorant, disability phobic and rude, wanting me to stay in an attic to be fed bread and water or be admitted to an establishment for disabled people until I depart, what would you do?

I know there's things I wish I had done differently and I regret what I've done. To those who've donated items etc, they've received goods back or where goods have failed, contributions sent to them.

Can I ask something please?

What would you do if it was you, son or daughter faced with a disability which will shake the foundations of your or their lives and where you couldn't get the support you need when you're banging your head on brick walls, ringing charities and organisations to apply for or reapply for funding and to be told NO on a constant basis, applying to banks for financial support, even as far as applying for credit cards to be refused as I had no means to repay a loan, etc. What would you do?

I'm really sorry for this entire series of events. Please forgive me.

I'm just trying to get on with what's left in my life and that's not much. At the end of the day I'm just a woodturner trying to get on and manage. I don't expect sympathy like some people quote me to being. I just ask for some freedom in what's left of my life.

Because you don't know me, you've never met me, spoken to me or had the chance to get to know me inside out, you judge me for this and condemn me for it. I'm sorry to you all.

yours.
TBW
theblindwoodturner":267cby6e said:
OK.

to all who read this thread and these messages. I would like to issue a public appology to all those who have an opinion and those who have supported me. It was not my intention to commit any degree of fraud as I am being accused of. I was in genuine need of support from companies who got involved. due to extenuating circumstances beyond my control, I had to sort things out and contacted all parties I had been involved with to explain what has happened, to apologise unreservedly, return products to those who requested them back and also withdraw in some cases my role as an endorser.

I am deeply upset at this moment in time to be turned on by members of this board and I am depply sorry for the issues I have raised here. I simply ask that this issue close for all our sakes. When I joined this forum, I came here for a reason. that was to promote in a positive way, disabled woodworking and crafts, offering various training pages and much more. This would have been the case had people either been direct with me amd spoke with me or emailed me to discuss their concerns, but instead, I was turned on and attacked.

Please understand that I had genuinely asked for support from companies who understood my situation, even came to my location to see my small workshop built behind our home, to help get me back up and running.

The truth of the matter is very simple and you may as well know, to those who don't know the full issue here, read on.

I lost my sight -1/2 years ago after an horrific attack by school bullies who thought it was funny to pick on a visually impaired lad. From that, All I could see and still to this day is black. in fact, just a description as it's basically nothing. I trained as a joiner through my grandfather and he was a great man who got me through all the stress. After that, I was set up and no worries. a small shed became my home to start making things primarily for the fun of it and as a therapy. Sadly, some years later after a long drawn out battle to raise funds for a speaking computer, braille display and equipment, the funding didn't happen. so I had to close my small workshop, sell everything I had inherited, just so I could get on with life as a blind person.

I was advised to get back up and running and put up a fight and was offered support. from there, my involvement with various companies started.

this is the truth. If you choose not to believe me, this is your issue.

Please understand that I am tired of fighting and losing battles. I haven't the mental or physical strength to keep fighting anymore.

All I'm asking is that you understand. if you forgive me, that's upto you if not then fine but I can't keep fighting anymore.

Many others in the same shoes as me have had support and help but I've had to fight.

I'm sorry. I really am and this is really hurting me listening to all this.

Once again. I'm sorry to those who read this.

Yours.
TBW

Hmmmm......

Lewis

While I am sure we all except you are disabled, I think that the way you have gone about things on here have lead to great extend to the problems you have encountered.

We have been here before with setting the record striaght.

Hello to all on this list.

Please do forgive me for posting this message on this side of the board. Due to something which has just happened which has deeply upset and horrified both myself and family, I must write this.

I joined this forum this weekend gone to participate as an active member of the list, to make good and trustworthy friends, offer my expertise and knlowledge in the field of woodturning and tooling, etc.

I also joined here as it is a chance for me to give some help to those who could benefit and support where I can.

Please understand that I do not use my blindness as a carrier to achieve things with intention to rattle people. I do not intentionally or actively use my disability for gain, etc. This is completely untrue.

The reason I mention every so often that I am blind is because I am comfortable in talking about it unlike most occasions where other disabled folk might not feel comfortable about it and that's understandable.

I'd like to put this straight and no I'm not doing this for the fun of it. This is so that people understand what I'm going through and so that you understand.

I was born visually impaired and underwent over 15 years of operations and therapies to try and give me good enough vision to get on with. Sadly that was stolen from me when school bullies thought it was funny to make my life a misery for 4 years. The attack which took place ended every chance of the life I had mapped out for me and changed the way I had to live. How this happened is pretty simple. A gang of over 20 lads decided between classes to gang up on me and give me a beating. this beating became even worse when I was pinned to the wall, punched, kicked, my head grabbed and fired into a solid concrete wall several times, then thrown to the floor, stood on my back then they proceeded to kick the base of my skull in.. All I can remember after that was waking up in hospital in St Asaph to see nothing and be in pain. then to find out when my surgeon had to talk to me and explain everything including sending me to have an advanced MRI scan to find out what else was wrong. That was it for me.

So for 11 years, I've had to fight for my rights for education, equality and freedom. Every day is a reminder I can't get over of what happened to me. Doesn't matter how hard I try, this is it. What I'M STUCK WITH.

For so long, I've asked for someone out there to treat me with respect, understanding and above all compassion. so far very few people have done that. Being here and having folk chat with me both on and off forum has allowed me to open up for the most part.

am a skilled woodturner, woodworker and tool guy and have grown up in a family full of tradesmen from steelworkers to joiners, etc. I learnt my trade from my grandfather and from there I took it on as a life saver. I'd give anything for a normal sighted life but hey, we don't always get what we want in life do we?

There's so many things I'd love to do. Drive, read a news paper, see the face of my mum or the people around me, ride a bike on my own, a steady 9 to 5 job working for a company, etc.

sorry...... And the audience said....... X

there we go.

I'm deeply sorry to those who I may have upset, etc

To be honest. I shouldn't have come here if the way certain people of forum have been. At least I know where everything lies.

To the moderators, Please do accept my sincerest apologies.

Yours.

Lewis

I think the thing that worries me is the way you seem to use your disablity to further your career.

This may not be your intention but it is the way it comes over.

I think if you had spent a bit more time on here taking part you would have not have had the problems and found us a more friendly bunch.

Tom

I understand that tom,

relating to another thread similar to this, I had to put up with a lot of bullying from certain people, that's why I left here alone, because it was just causing more and more upset. I'm here to set the record straight as you rightly say and just want to close the book. I'm sure you understand.

Noel, as I said, I deeply apologise for my behaviour towards you. If you can accept my apology, that's fine. I tried to stand up to you because of the comments you stated were hurtful.

Regarding the use of my disability to further a career. I think you'll find many who do, to make folk aware of their existance and skills. If you think badly of it, I'm sorry.

Lewis - take me up on my offer of me doing a tv programme about you then , we can highlight your positive nature and show how musical you are and also the skills you hold being able to turn,weld and make tools maybe get some of your students in that you have taught.We can show how hard you've struggled but still managed to stay positive.

If not for you why not do it to show hopw for others in a sinilar situation.

I don't need media attention. What you don't see is that doing something like this can have a far more negative approach and result than a positive format. In this world as I have first hand knowledge, there are scum who have the opinion that disabled people like me should not exist, we are a drain on resources, not to be seen or heard in any environment. I face that on a daily basis and don't need any more of it.

what you don't see is what this could do to me and before anyone states I'm moaning on the disability side, I'm not. Just stating facts. I have been the victim of attacks by thugs who think it's funny to trip a blind person up, mug me, snap my cane, push me into traffic, hurl abuse and more besides. If that was you suffering from the same thing, what would you do? My choice is to keep myself as quiet as possible in this world, just so I can be left alone.

If truth be told, I find dealing with people physically, difficult. I can't trust anyone. I don't have friends for the simple reason that I've been let down and abused before, my life violated, so I put up a self defense side to me. Just so that I can be left alone. Even then, some folk don't get it. At the end of the day, People get in the way and I feel trapped. I'd rather be alone than surrounded by people.

I'm sorry to say all this.

Dave, I'm sorry for approaching you regarding the DVD. When I spoke to you, I was trying to find a descriptive DVD to listen to regarding tuning the bandsaw and hoped you could assist. you decided to hang up on me as the tone in your voice was getting more and more harsh. I'm not here to tell you all this, I'm simply apologising for the position I placed you in at the time of my request. I hope you understand and I wish you good luck and a positive time ahead. I understood your situation at the time and fully respected your decision. After a lot of research, listening to various pages of info on tuning up my bandsaw which was running poorly, I found methods which worked for me. Once again I am sorry.

Hi Lewis

I have been severely disabled since I was 12 I've had four jobs in my life all I was unable to continue with due to my disabilities I have been assessed as 84% disabled and I'm now medically retired, yet through all this I haven't asked for one handout from anyone I have saved for everything I have ever bought and for me this takes along time but I get there and I owe no one anything.

If you came to this forum as a blind woodworker you would be welcomed with open arms but the things you've done wouldn't please anyone here or on other forums you belong to.

If as you say you want to wipe the slate clean and start again then welcome to one of the best forums around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back