Con man sussed! Classic!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe stating the obvious Roy, but have you tried an eye patch for close up stuff, and just use the good eye ?

I have indeed Rich but I find that my eye lashes keep touching the damn things and my eye becomes sore. Like everybody else on here with some disability you just get on with it the best you can. I'm just grateful that I have good vision in the other eye.

Roy.

Doug B":2aezdcch said:
As far as i can see (no pun intended) TBW is alive & well & posting on another wood turning forum.

I presume it`s him as he goes also under the name of Lewis, though it could be a rather large coincidence, but he also uses "friend" a lot
Pity he sold his new lathe in 2008 if that's the case.

I found this site:

http://www.peterlarge.com/articles/about_us/latest_news/auction_of_promises/

The plot thickens, if he is not genuine then he is certainly a well trained con-artist?

Perhaps a Mod could write to the above Estate Agent, "Officially" expressing our concerns about him especially his begging and selling activities as a polite warning/inquiry? It could be they have investigated him and he is genuine??

Rod

Well hello.

First off I'd like to thank a certain someone who's a member of this list for informing me of this particular thread.

It seems yet again that certain persons on this list are taking great delight in causing damage to my name and reputation. First off, let's just get some facts straight as you clearly do not seem to get the grasp of this.

Firstly I am not a fraudster nor a con man, the companies and individuals I have been involved with and still am involved with understand my situation and fully support me. Peter Large estate agents were very supportive in what they could do to help however and I EMPHASISE THIS STRONGLY. The auction had failed anyway so there was no form of fundraising generated from this issue and all items donated to the auction were returned to all suppliers and vendors. I have written proof, receipts and invoices from all suppliers in question.

As I have sought legal advice and supplied my solicitor all relevant paperwork from all companies and parties herein, The matter is in hand. I have also provided my solicitor, the details of this forum and users who are committing the following offenses:

Disability discrimination,
Deformation of character,
Intrusion and harassment.

All necessary details have been retrieved with assistance from police who are supporting my case.

I must therefore advise all parties concerned to cease this behaviour at once.

I will say this and I am not concerned at all as to who wishes to have an attitude to this.

I have not in any way affected the quality of life nor moral state of any party on this forum. the behaviour of said parties on this forum is utterly disgusting and harmful and the continuing onslaught is unnecessary and traumatically upsetting.

Further to this, I hope that one day, the parties concerned on this forum, face up to their behaviour and realise just how lucky they are to be in their respective positions in life.

I no longer participate with this forum due to the threatening behaviour and harassment conducted by said individuals.

Basic Forum Rules

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - Updated 12/01/11Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:36 pm

Site Admin

Location: Out in the sticks in a village in Lincolnshire ;) The UKworkshop forums have grown tremendously over the last few years and we thank all of you for being a part of this growing community.

We aim to provide a friendly community for woodworkers of all ages to share tips, ask for help or advice and to chat to other woodworkers.

In order to keep the forums running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules & guidelines for the forums here. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact myself or one of the moderators.

(1.) No posting of "adult" material!
UKW wants this to be a forum that all your family can enjoy. When posting a message please remember to keep it clean - Profanity and the posting of offensive or “adult” material is forbidden.

(2.) No offensive material
UKW expects members to behave respectfully and not to personally attack or be abusive to other members. ‘Offensive’ is a pretty broad term, but we think you know what we mean. This includes any messages or material that are ethnically, racially, religiously, or sexually offensive, insulting, or demeaning. It also includes messages that are harassing or threatening to others.

We intend to maintain a friendly forum where members respect each other regardless of skill level, opinions, or personal feelings. That means no name calling, sneering, impugning a person's integrity, or openly trashing a person's reputation online. Act like an adult, plain and simple. The Internet is a funny place; it's easy to type out a comment, click ‘Post’ then sit back and let the fur fly. There are plenty of other places on the Internet where you can do this, but it won't be tolerated here. When you are posting something, ask yourself if you would say that to a person if you were in their presence and looking in their face. Better still, ask yourself if you would like someone to say that to you. If you have a problem with someone, send a personal message to one of the moderators.

(3.) Multiple Accounts
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

(4.) No Piracy
Discussion of illegal activities such as software, music, video & DVD piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.5.) No Spamming or Trolling
Spamming and trolling are not allowed. This includes using the forum email and private message system to spam other members.

(6.) No political discussion
Over the years there has been one subject in particular that has caused a few heated debates on the forums and that is politics. For that reason political discussion or political comments in a thread are not acceptable, please remember this is a woodworking forum after all. We do however understand that politics effects everyday life which is why some topics may be allowed depending on the circumstances.

(7.) Keep locked threads closed
If a thread has been locked, don't create a new one to carry on the discussion.

(8.) Advertising:-
Advertising in threads & private messages is strictly prohibited unless permission is given beforehand by the forum admin (Charley).

If you wish to advertise on UKW we offer banner space for companies to advertise their products and services. Please email charley ukworkshop.co.uk for more information.

( 8.1 ) Any advertisements or promotional materials of a commercial nature are prohibited.
These forums are not the place for you to advertise your own product or company. You also cannot post any affiliate or referral links.
Linking to your or other woodworking websites is allowed as long as it will benefit or prove useful to other members. Linking to a post on another group or forum is also fine.

( 8.2 ) Commercial Avatars
Using a commercial logo as an avatar is allowed as long as you are a representative of the company and you use a static avatar, commercial animated avatars are not allowed.

( 8.3 ) Signatures
Linking to a commercial website is fine, provided the link is a static, plain undecorated URL and that you are a representative of the company. You may include a short description about who you are including your name and the name of the company you work for. Again this must be in plain undecorated text and must NOT contain any slogans, prices or any information on the products you sell or services that you offer.

A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain products and/or services is allowed.

There is a very fine line in what we class as blatant advertising. The UKW team has the final say as to what is an acceptable signature.

( 5.8 ) Items For Sale
We will allow private individuals to post that are looking to sell or buy an item. The thread must have FOR SALE or WANTED in the title and must be posted in the Market Place board. As items move quickly within the board a member can bump such a thread back up to the top just once.

Members may not promote or mention their own sales that are on other sites such as eBay or other sites of that nature. Furthemore members should not mention that their item/s will be listed for sale elsewhere in the event that their item/s fail to sell here.

(9.) Avatar size
The maximum avatar size is 140x140 pixels. Please make sure your avatar doesn’t exceed this size.

(10.) Joke Threads
Jokes should only be posted in the off-topic forum. Please remember and be aware that not everyone has the same sense of humour and a joke you may find funny, might insult or cause offence to another member. This makes it extremely difficult for the moderators as we want to keep everyone happy. We will edit or delete any joke we feel that may cause offence to another member.

(11.) Warnings and Bans
In the event of disciplinary action being taken against a member, that action may not be discussed on the forum. Whilst the moderators will always seek to act impartially and consistently in the best interests of the forum, there will inevitably be times when their action does not meet with unanimous approval amongst the membership. Nevertheless, perpetuation of a dispute which has been resolved is not in the best interests of the forum; attempts to do so will not be tolerated.

Any individual who feels aggrieved by the actions of a moderator should pursue the matter privately with that moderator. If the outcome remains unsatisfactory, the matter may be drawn to the attention of the administrator who will arbitrate a final decision. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging.

Likewise, discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum.

If you have questions regarding a issue on UKW, please contact charley ukworkshop.co.uk

The moderators volunteer their spare time to help look after the forums. It isn't a easy job and due to the size of the forum some posts do get overlooked. If you notice a post that needs a moderators attention please let us know by reporting the post using the 'Report to moderator' function.

We reserve the right to monitor the forums and delete or edit any postings that don't adhere to these rules. Any member who breaks the rules will be warned and if necessary banned. We also reserve the right to take whatever administrative action we deem necessary and without further reference in order to preserve the integrity and welfare of the forum.

theblindwoodturner":8a19vvbh said:
Well hello.

First off I'd like to thank a certain someone who's a member of this list for informing me of this particular thread.

It seems yet again that certain persons on this list are taking great delight in causing damage to my name and reputation. First off, let's just get some facts straight as you clearly do not seem to get the grasp of this.

Firstly I am not a fraudster nor a con man, the companies and individuals I have been involved with and still am involved with understand my situation and fully support me. Peter Large estate agents were very supportive in what they could do to help however and I EMPHASISE THIS STRONGLY. The auction had failed anyway so there was no form of fundraising generated from this issue and all items donated to the auction were returned to all suppliers and vendors. I have written proof, receipts and invoices from all suppliers in question.

As I have sought legal advice and supplied my solicitor all relevant paperwork from all companies and parties herein, The matter is in hand. I have also provided my solicitor, the details of this forum and users who are committing the following offenses:

All necessary details have been retrieved with assistance from police who are supporting my case.

I will say this and I am not concerned at all as to who wishes to have an attitude to this.

I have not in any way affected the quality of life nor moral state of any party on this forum. the behaviour of said parties on this forum is utterly disgusting and harmful and the continuing onslaught is unnecessary and traumatically upsetting.

Further to this, I hope that one day, the parties concerned on this forum, face up to their behaviour and realise just how lucky they are to be in their respective positions in life.

I no longer participate with this forum due to the threatening behaviour and harassment conducted by said individuals.

theblindwoodturner":3ody0qbp said:
Well hello.

If Ryan Giggs with all his money couldn't stop people saying/writing stuff about him I think you are onto loser here.

I'm happy to be corrected but the Disability Discrimination Act is a criminal matter? Where as a Deformation of character is a civil issue? That's a pretty good solicitor that can advise on both issues!

Whacky

theblindwoodturner":244gpw82 said:
Well hello.

snip -Blah Blah - std "I have no defence and will respond by attacking"

Don't let the door hit you on your way out!

I can't see a Deformation of character we just don't believe him! FACT!

ByeBye...

Hmm.. an interesting thread! having read all the previous posts including the last from Lewis I would like to add a few thoughts.

1. Disability Discrimination: as far as I can see nobody has used your Disability to prevent you recieving a service that would otherwise be offered to an able bodied person.

2. Defamation of character: because the previous posts are based on members OPINION and not FACT then it would be extremely difficult to prove any offence in law.

3.Intrusion and Harassment: Intrusion in law is a physical act and as far as im aware nobody from this forum has entered your property without your permission and if you regard statements made on this forum as intrusion of your privacy then its worth remembering that its just that, a forum!

anyway, as it seems like your off now, id just like to say cheerybye...

Bit of a renaissance man aren't you tbw, Pro woodturner, pro left-handed drummer, studio producer, uillean pipe maker, teacher. Most of us find it hard to hold down one job with normal eyesight. Very impressive :roll:

Being as your a Pro woodturner, pro left-handed drummer, studio producer, uillean pipe maker and teacher surely you have plenty of funds to buy these things instead of making yourself look silly by trying to scab them from people??????

As for Disability Discrimination then I feel you are causing more discrimination to disabled people than anyone!

I am a computer user, beyond that I have no great interest and little in the way of skills, thus I am puzzled. How does someone who is totally blind handle E-Mail replies?

Roy.

Digit":2w2ld1j7 said:
I am a computer user, beyond that I have no great interest and little in the way of skills, thus I am puzzled. How does someone who is totally blind handle E-Mail replies?

Roy.
They use screen reading Text to Speech software, and a mouse much like reading brail I presume.

Someone in my family who has a masters and full teaching qualifications in their subject uses Text to Speech software to check the written word to see if it's the same as they are seeing (dyslexia)

theblindwoodturner":24evuaqg said:

What's that I can smell???
Hmmmm... Oh yeah, Bullsh it.

Pity Jake's no longer about 'cos it seems to me that IF all the links etc are correct then there is a case here of obtaining goods or services by deception?

Roy.

Digit":2gjv32hy said:
Pity Jake's no longer about 'cos it seems to me that IF all the links etc are correct then there is a case here of obtaining goods or services by deception?

Roy.

Where is Jake these days?

Gone all ShavenHaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back