Comments on Interesting pieces of furniture thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Tony it is not your decision if this thread should be moved. This is Charley's site and he makes the rules. There are 8 moderators for each section and if the majority of them think the thread should be moved then it should be. I am also not happy about posts being removed. (none of mine for reference)

John

Nick W":2tdbfjon said:
Then you should forfeit your right as a moderator to move anyone else's threads.

I'm afraid I agree with this. What a terrible attitude Tony

draconian moderation is the death knule of any forum.restricts debate.

Tony wrote,

All this discussion of where to place it has taken all the enjoyment away from me and I am on the verge of deleting the thread and forgetting it ever existed.

Perhaps this would be the best thing for you to do and redeem your moderating skills. Then there will be no more silly argument.

ike

Such a poll will have absolutely no influence on where i place my thread.

Maybe I was wrong about democracy afterall. But then again, maybe this comment will increase the vote to move the thread.

I am on the verge of deleting the thread and forgetting it ever existed.

Pram - toys. Toys - pram. :-({|=

I am locking this thread as my last act as a moderator.

Thanks to all who have criticised me so vehemently.

I’ve been busy this past week working on a new system for UKW and haven’t had much time to browse the forums so have missed this whole issue.

Firstly I would like to say that I think the ‘Interesting pieces of furniture’ thread is a great idea and although I don’t agree with deleting posts. Unfortunately I can’t comment too much as I missed it all.

However knowing Tony, who’s spent many hours of his time helping to run and look after the forums I would assume that his decision to delete the posts were purely to keep the thread tidy and on topic of the original purpose of the thread. Whether or not Tony was in his rights as a moderator to delete the posts again I can’t answer, as I didn’t read the thread but to quote the forum rules “discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum.” I ask that in future you email or PM the moderator or/and myself directly, instead of bringing the issue up on a public post.

I would also like to point out that the decision to move a thread is between myself and the moderator team, which is why shortly I will delete the poll ‘Move Tony's "Interesting Furniture " thread’ that’s been created.

This thread will remained closed and the decision to move Tony’s thread or not will be made among the moderators.

If anyone has any questions please contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back