Collet extension for router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screwfix were selling cheap cmt ones a while ago - expect the offers over now though :|

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

the screwfix ones sell out quickly. i missed the offer the first time that i saw it posted on here, but it came round again a few weeks later.

I have the Axi one in your link on my table mounted DeWalt 625. I haven't used it a great deal but I made half a dozen dados using it the other day and there were no problems.
Regarding the length.... I have my router on the Axi / UJK router lift and even with the extension I need a ( slightly ) bent spanner to change bits. That extra 10 mm would solve that problem but MAY cause another if trying to drop the whole bit below table level.

I have the Axminster one and it feels very solid & well made. Plus, you can get additional collet inserts to take all shank sizes - useful if you want to use a 1/4" cutter but have not 1/4" collet on your table router.

I've got the Xtreme Extension on my table, been in use for about 7 years with no problem at all. A bit pricy but well worth the money. I can't comment on the others because I've nervier used the.

Back