Coffee table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianharris35

Established Member
Reaction score
First indoor piece

Attachments

• IMG_20201101_154620~2.jpg
    IMG_20201101_154620~2.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20201104_111812.jpg
    IMG_20201104_111812.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 127
Chunky.
Have to admit to going chunky myself early in my woodworking career, in that you feel its strength that lends it longevity. But thinner section, for the job its going to do(unless its to hold a machine) looks better, and you can experiment with shape and maybe more detailed, or steam bent, curved work.

Nice! Congratulations on your first indoor piece. What kind of joinery and finish did you use?

Chunky.
Have to admit to going chunky myself early in my woodworking career, in that you feel its strength that lends it longevity. But thinner section, for the job its going to do(unless its to hold a machine) looks better, and you can experiment with shape and maybe more detailed, or steam bent, curved work.
Please don't call me chunky !!!

It looks great. I can imagine the chunkiness really working in certain environments. In an old farmhouse with big low beams and a massive fireplace it would be appropriate. In a more modern home then I agree that it's on the hefty side.

If you've seen my recent thread, it's does seem to be a tendency for those of us newer to furniture design. I guess as we grow in confidence that allows us to be more aggressive with our proportions.

Latest posts

Back