C'mon guys get your screwdrivers out...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good god
My old art teacher bless her was way ahead of her time after all LOL
We were doing stuff like that in the 70's with nails and paintbrushes (this was after we got bored with the string pictures)
admittedly Mine were no where near that kind of standard though but there was this one girl who probably could have gave them a run for their money

Roger

Hi Steve still turning I see. Not been on here for a while . Just been in hospital (3 weeks ago ) after a slight heart attack and having a stent fitted. Now feeling a lot better and fitter than I have for a couple of years. How are you both keeping, well I hope.

penman":19dpihkm said:
Hi Steve still turning I see. Not been on here for a while . Just been in hospital (3 weeks ago ) after a slight heart attack and having a stent fitted. Now feeling a lot better and fitter than I have for a couple of years. How are you both keeping, well I hope.

Hi malcolm
will be in touch shortly, we need to catch up, not so much turning nowadays as scroll work, cant seem to get on the lathe much..

stevebuk":s4xsie4d said:

Hmm. That's very deceptive. The screws only create a very coarse 3d basis. Most of the shadowing and shading is actually
trompe-l'œil painting. By painting exaggerated shadows on a (genuinely) 3D object, you can achieve dramatic effects.

Here's a sample page on the technique:

http://blog.brushthralls.com/?page_id=2650

In the case of the screws, I imagine an air brush was used.

BugBear

Thanks for that link BB, i used to paint miniatures some time ago, nice site, i have bookmarked it for future reference.

Latest posts

Back