Getting the last Marmite out of the jar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a youngster and with 4 other siblings I liked and indeed I still do many different meals .however I find that there are foods that I tolerated when I was growing up because there was nothing else-I can’t stand them now, the aforementioned marmite of course but then comes spam, sardines on toast, fish paste sandwiches-I mean what is in those little jars in no way resembles fish . Give me a good curry or a decent fish and chips but these foodstuffs that are incognito and pretending to be edible-no thanks .

I love Marmite, and I agree with the hypothesis that some people initially apply it in Nutella proportions, and are put off for life. I'm a big fan of yeast generally. Sourdough, Marmite, beer. All the good things in life!

I believe that everyone who had Marmite at home when they were children likes the stuff and people who didn't eat it as kids tend to dislike it. I wonder how that hypotheses stands up here? My own theory is that having learned how to use it is what makes the difference. I too have a friend who tried it spread thickly and hated it (see the German girl earlier in the thread) but loved it when showed how to spread an almost transparent layer on his toast. Notice the quantities in the tribal elder video as well!
I agree with your theory, and have one of my own, about tea. My Dad was in the Navy (WW2 HMS Cavalier etc) and he would always let his tea cool. We had a family friend, RAF, and he would always drink his piping hot. My theory is/was, that onboard ship you could take your time drinking your tea and in the RAF you never quite knew when panic stations were coming. The Army, depends on where you were. Anybody else got any views on that? As for feeding pigs heads to Alsatians, sacrilege. They should be roasted slowly, and you get some lovely dripping to go on your toast and thinking of that, pigs brains on toast too. Next best thing is pork chaps. While SWMBO is in respite, I get to enjoy belly pork, not allowed that when she is home, far too fatty.

I agree with your theory, and have one of my own, about tea. My Dad was in the Navy (WW2 HMS Cavalier etc) and he would always let his tea cool. We had a family friend, RAF, and he would always drink his piping hot. My theory is/was, that onboard ship you could take your time drinking your tea and in the RAF you never quite knew when panic stations were coming. The Army, depends on where you were. Anybody else got any views on that? As for feeding pigs heads to Alsatians, sacrilege. They should be roasted slowly, and you get some lovely dripping to go on your toast and thinking of that, pigs brains on toast too. Next best thing is pork chaps. While SWMBO is in respite, I get to enjoy belly pork, not allowed that when she is home, far too fatty.
Belly pork is one of the meals I enjoyed unfortunately the nutrition police have all but outlawed it . As for tea I preferred coffee but my
Mom would always say it’s to dear so yea it was . Several friends and customers have questioned why I’ve left some tea/coffee in the bottom of the cup !! Only those who know will know why I do this .. even though I mainly drink coffee I still do it and probably always will ..🤗🤗

If using it in cooking or for a drink then just pour in a little hot water, shake and stir and it ought to come clean?

most remembered meal.......
BBQ'd fish eaten on a beach, cold white wine with my wife who's sadly departed....

nothing wrong with yeast, just not in brown slime in a jar.......lol.....

Back