Getting the last Marmite out of the jar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just here to point out the beautiful irony of two of the latest posts involving eating marmite and suffering from gout.

356073416_7594690077213233.jpg

Do you know they did produce a Marmite flavoured peanut butter?
Several years ago I told a friend about my marmite and peanut butter combo and he was quite surprised at just how good it tasted. Some time after that 'revelation', I saw something that saidyou could buy the ready made marmite and PB!

If I ever find out that my mate sold the idea and pocketed large amount of cash, I'll have a right hissy fit! :D

I would have thought the best tool for getting the last of the marmite out of the jar was a finger, it articulates in just the right place, then all you have to do is lick it.
Fried bread & marmite is nice. Fried bread & marmalade is nice. Fried bread with marmite & marmalade is even nicer.

Spent a month in NZ. After 3 days, suffering withdrawal symptoms. Tried 3 varieties, MYMATE was the acceptable alternative.

Got a friend who lives in Vancouver. He visits UK once a year and goes home with 6 large jars.

Had a German teenager friend stay with us for a few days. She'd heard about Marmite and wanted to try it along with Fish & Chips and Yorkshire Pudding (not necessarily in the same meal). So we obliged with the Marmite first breakfast. She immediately scooped out a large knifefull thinking it must be similar to Nutella which all Germans are familiar with. I just managed to intervene between jar and toast to stop it being spread in Nutella proportions. Then, having followed my advice on thin spreading, she tried it and declared "Ausgezeichnet, wirklich gut"
Another convert and export of a jar to Germany.
Brian

Back