Cluster flies and how to get rid of them

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are inundated with these annoying flies - slow moving black house fly sized flies that hang around in clusters :roll: near windows and door frames then pay attention.

You can't get rid of them permanently because they emit a pheromone that means next years hatchings will find your house but you can get rid of a lot of this year's bunch. Thursday is supposed to be very frosty and clear. If you open all your windows and bang all the sash covers/ velux panels etc, the flies will emerge and fly outside. The frost will kill them. Its better to do it as late in the daylight as possible so that they still want to fly outside but have less chance to get back in.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Tim

I once used a Vapona type thingie. That killed all the b*****s.

About a year ago we stayed in a barn in suffilok whilst house hutning.
I kid you not we were inundated with literally thousands of bloody flies (in october) It was so bad one morning it looked like someone had been "sowing broadcast" handfuls of the damned things all over the floors, they seemed to die en mass during the night. Can you imagine a vacuum cleaner full of nothing but flies :shock:

mr spanton":2g49i5qv said:
About a year ago we stayed in a barn in suffilok whilst house hutning.
I kid you not we were inundated with literally thousands of bloody flies (in october) It was so bad one morning it looked like someone had been "sowing broadcast" handfuls of the damned things all over the floors, they seemed to die en mass during the night. Can you imagine a vacuum cleaner full of nothing but flies :shock:

Thats what we have! If you open the veluxes in the morning , its like something out of the film 'The Omen'. If I remember - I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Cheers

Tim

Latest posts

Back