(Clarke Bandit Air Compressor and Nail Gun Kit) ANY VIEWS??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all,

I've just purchased the Rockworth Air Compressor & 6 Piece Accessory Kit from B&Q and as advised i have upgraded the hose (Metroflex 5 Metre) which came with a good quality quick release fittiing.

The kit comes with quick release fittings on the spiral hose and the compressor plus a proper line pressure gauge on the regulator. So the new hose just plugged straight in and you just adjust the regulator to suit the tool 8) .

Initial impression is very good :D

I've had a go with the nail gun and it sinks in 50mm brads no problem, and the tyre inflator and blower seem fine.

Overall for the price I'm pleased with the package.

Thank you for all the info and advice :D

Regards

Michel

The nailer is a class tool, I always love using it.
I didn't realise you were getting all the accessories for that price, excellent deal.
Have fun.

Great, I hope you will be pleased with it. Just keep your fingers away from those long 18g brads they tend to follow the grain of the wood and can divert out the side - ouch! :shock:

Ralph

Hello all,

Just need to save my pennies now to buy a Finish Nailer :lol:

Just keep your fingers away from those long 18g brads they tend to follow the grain of the wood and can divert out the side - ouch!

I'll remember that one, did notice a few 50mm brads followed the grain.

Looks like my Rapesco 191 Pro is now semi-retired :!:

I can now see why air nailers are so popular.

Regards (hammer)

Michel

Hi Ralph,

Excellent review in New Woodworking, very informative and the advice about changing the curly hose and quick release fittings is spot on. I bought the Clarke some while ago, and now i'm glad i did. Cheers.

Aidan.

Hi Aidan,

Thanks for your kind words. It helps to know that someone reads what I write :) . At the time of writing some two or three months ago the Clarke kit was, in my opinion, the best value for money.

Today, that mantle would be worn by the Rockworth kit from B&Q for the extra ‘stuff’ that comes with it. However, the Clarke still comes a very close second.

It’s hotting up out there in the affordable air nailer world – lets see what happens next. :!:

Ralph

Back