Clamped off!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter99

Established Member
Reaction score
I've left one of my fave clamps on a job and it's gone.

It was a BMK hand clamp, about 12", I've had the pair for a few years, made in germany and use them all the time. Now I've only one :(

Anyway I've searched the net and cannot find them for sale anywhere. BMK is Brunner ? ? i think.

All the new clamps these days seem to be chinese cheapos. Even the Record / Irwin stuff seems plasticky now.

Anyone know if they're still for sale? or recommendations?

Peter

peter99":1zyg6ieq said:
I've left one of my fave clamps on a job and it's gone.

It was a BMK hand clamp, about 12", I've had the pair for a few years, made in germany and use them all the time. Now I've only one :(

Anyway I've searched the net and cannot find them for sale anywhere. BMK is Brunner ? ? i think.

All the new clamps these days seem to be chinese cheapos. Even the Record / Irwin stuff seems plasticky now.

Anyone know if they're still for sale? or recommendations?

Peter

Got some 12" Besseys last month - spanking and lifetime gurantee (hopefully won't come to that). Paid £50 for 4.

edit - http://www.bessey.de/catalogue/catalogu ... owBookmark

Sorry to hear about your clamp going walkabout. If you decide to cheer yourself up with a bit of retail therapy I can thoroughly recommend these. I started using a set about six months ago and they tend to get used first for pretty much everything.

duocat.jpg

They are very cleverly thought out, light, virtually indestructable and easy to use one handed.

Wow, That's a cracking price!

I've tried the magnesium ones too - very useful bits of kit now that they do them in longer sizes. Haven't had a play with the EHZ ones yet but if Jake rates them I might pop a couple on the next order.

Thanks Chaps, I'm going to have a look at them over the xmas break and replace the lost one with a few of the above clamps.

dibs, your suggestion is nearest to the lost one (they live in a site toolkit so I don't want them to be too bulky or big) so a pair of those I think.

But the Z30's look good too Jake so maybe a pair of those too for the shop!

I'll have a sniff around the duo's too.

Peter

Back