Circular saw to cut brass tube

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit late, sorry, but:

+1 for getting it cut off to length
+ another for an abrasive cut off disc
and + another for a plumbers copper tube cutter (if you've not got too many to do - you don't say how much is "a lot")! At least the tube cutter will only "distort" the end of the cut evenly all round (how much depends on the brass hardness and wall thickness, but the "in-turned bell end" that comes from a tube cutter is quite useful sometimes, not to say attractive).

Also agree 100% that if using any type of saw, and an abrasive disc come to that, the "key" is clamping sufficiently rigidly that it doesn't rotate while being cut but at the same time doesn't crush/distort the brass. Coarse emery cloth temporarily glued to the vice jaws may help.

HTH

AES

They're not the cheapest but I do a lot of Swagelok pipe bending at work and their cutter is easily the best on the market. I've been using mine to cut stainless for the last 5 years and its still on its original blade.
they also sell a deburring tool which puts a nice chamfer on the inside and outside of the tube after a cut.

Back