A Practical Maths Problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To protect the finish you could find some plastic tube with an inside diameter slightly smaller than the outside diameter of the ferrule, cut a piece the same length, slit it lengthways and slide it over the ferrule. You could use a larger diameter piece with a sliver removed, allowing it to hold tight.
This would certainly protect the plating whilst being held in the chucks but the ferrules are sanded with the wood, forming a continuous surface. I have noted ,however, that a few whistle makers have the ferrule at the mouthpiece end, slightly raised above the rest of the whistle diameter, leading me to believe that these might be attached at the end of the manufacturing process.

To protect the finish you could find some plastic tube with an inside diameter slightly smaller than the outside diameter of the ferrule, cut a piece the same length, slit it lengthways and slide it over the ferrule. You could use a larger diameter piece with a sliver removed, allowing it to hold tight.
You can get clear heat shrink.

Being pedantic, it wouldn't be illegal to sell it without a hallmark, it would only be illegal to sell it as silver.
Grudgingly agreed, but there would be little point of using Stirling Silver without making a point of saying so in any marketing - so I concider it a valid point and unless @niall Y is already a 'Sponsor' with his own Makers Mark he would need to secure a 'Sponsor' to make the product viable - which may have been overlooked.

I really only raise the point due to the dia. mentioned.

Back