Quantcast

Circular Bird-Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I've seen a plan/photos for a bird-box, only not your normal, 4 sides and sloping roof, but circular.

Anyone remember seeing something in a magazine?/website?

I'm being more organised this year, and am starting now :oops: , on WW projects for next years Christmas presents!!! (don't laugh, I normally run a 6-18 months behind schedule!)

I'm quite happy turning this without a plan, but a photo might throw up some good ideas on how to fix it, and things I have forgotten about!

Adam

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
adam get a log cut the ends off drill out the centre, bore a hole for the lickle birdies fix ends back on walla, one round bird box, if you leave the bark on then its rustic

frank

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Frank,

Yeah I know that, but what about cleaning it out - anyone get any smart ways to attach the lid - so it's secure, but removable How about for lifting it down to ground level with a broom handle or something to empty bits out once a year - and any clever ways to attach to tree without damaging or hammering nails in it!

Adam

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

Nothing about round nesting-boxes, I'm afraid, but this link might prove useful:

http://www.lincstrust.org.uk/factsheets/nestbox.php

I know some woodlands prefer to see nesting-boxes attached to the trees with straps that can be loosened as the tree grows - you should be able to pick up such straps from a garden centre.

Yours

Gill