Circular Bird-Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I've seen a plan/photos for a bird-box, only not your normal, 4 sides and sloping roof, but circular.

Anyone remember seeing something in a magazine?/website?

I'm being more organised this year, and am starting now :oops: , on WW projects for next years Christmas presents!!! (don't laugh, I normally run a 6-18 months behind schedule!)

I'm quite happy turning this without a plan, but a photo might throw up some good ideas on how to fix it, and things I have forgotten about!

Adam

adam get a log cut the ends off drill out the centre, bore a hole for the lickle birdies fix ends back on walla, one round bird box, if you leave the bark on then its rustic

frank

Frank,

Yeah I know that, but what about cleaning it out - anyone get any smart ways to attach the lid - so it's secure, but removable How about for lifting it down to ground level with a broom handle or something to empty bits out once a year - and any clever ways to attach to tree without damaging or hammering nails in it!

Adam

Hi folks

Nothing about round nesting-boxes, I'm afraid, but this link might prove useful:

http://www.lincstrust.org.uk/factsheets/nestbox.php

I know some woodlands prefer to see nesting-boxes attached to the trees with straps that can be loosened as the tree grows - you should be able to pick up such straps from a garden centre.

Yours

Gill

Back