Cigar Pens

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Having seen the kits some of you have made I ventured to try something different, so I bought some kits from Timberbits, via ebay, here are the 2 I have made up.
3740294616_f5648f2384.jpg

I am using the Wenge one.
3739503559_d7e1b0a7ba.jpg

I know now that it is on the red list, but I had already bought several dozen pen blanks, so I will be using them, but not buying any more.
3740295934_53f8ba32f2.jpg

The Purple Heart one I gave to my manager for her birthday, had to get some different boxes as its too big to fit the ones I had been using.
3740298564_7a310b0100.jpg

She was well pleased with it and it is in daily use. 8)

Great pens nice and chunky. I like the way the colour has gone on the purple heart. Every time I use it it always seems to go very dark

Very nice Dave,

How easy did you find the kits to put together ? I still haven't used my sierra kits because I'm waiting for a barrel trimmer that I recently ordered from Axminster.

Regards

Steve

:)

What's wenge like to work with for a pen? I almost bought a piece from Craft Supplies a few days ago but I was worried it would splinter all over the place.

They look great those, especially the Wenge.

All Clogged Up and fully Turned it would seem Dave, all that Pen-t up desire to slide even faster down the spinny slope, who would have thought it a few months ago. :lol:

Clean lines match the kit parts well.

nice set of pens dave, fit and finish look good to me, well done. You can also buy the chrome one which i feel would look superb on the wenge pen blanks.

ps where did you get the boxes from??

The kit went together with no problems, the instructions are very clear and unlike the slim lines there is no worry about how far you press the mechanism in.
I found the wenge did need nice sharp tools, it turns very much like padouk,
This one is not quite perfect, but as it was my first try I was well pleased.
The Slope TM is definitely very slippy, I am in trouble as some of the flat world stuff I promised to work on has been neglected. :roll:
Yes I like the sound of chrome, I am now looking for a UK supplier after my experience with Royal Mail and the stuff from Oz.
The box came from Axminster, its one of their magnetic closing boxes, very smart when giving a pen as a present.

Back