Chucks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeh25

Reaction score
I'm new to woodturning and just bought my lathe, a Union Graduate and I was looking for a chuck for it. I was looking at the Axminster Clubman K10 or Goliath. Which one would be better or is there a better brand of chucks out there.

I'm with Blister - I have the super precision chuck as well.

Nice sturdy chuck. If you want additional jaws you can buy extra mounts which makes changing jaws dead easy. Wind out the set that is on there and then just wind on the new jaws required.

The chuck can adapt to every need through the readily accessible jaws that don't cost the earth. Your lathe is up to the job - you need a chuck that can accommodate all that your lathe can

I'd get the direct-threaded version of the Patriot (not the type that uses an exsert).

It is much better made than the Axminster chucks and I don't like the Axminster for the same reason I don't like the Versachuck, they have a sodding great big "backplate" that makes them protrude far too much beyond the nose thread of the lathe for my liking.

georgeh25":3cny3f5z said:
Thanks for your help. Think I'll go for the Axminster Super Precision Chuck.

Good choice

I think you will be impressed when it arrives

One other advantage with the rear insert type of chuck is if you ever change / upgrade your lathe you can buy a appropriate insert to fit the chuck and not have to buy new chucks again

Latest posts

Back