Chop saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezmaster

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro ... 0&id=31508

brought one of these, but its the elu model, its been in storage for a while. so every thing has gone stiff, but i cant seem to get the saw to slide out, what am i doing wrong, or could it be it has got sized in and wont slide out. ive tried pulling it out it just wont budge. any help,

if it comes to it, as a last resort, should a tool service repair centre be able to amend the problem?

Hi Jez

This may sound like a silly question but there is a lock on switch on the top that will stop it from sliding out, have you tried that yet.

By the way, I hope I am not teaching you how to suck eggs 8-[ :)

I hope it helps

Have you released the traverse lock??

See item 17 on the diagrams in the manual linked off the screwfix site (your original link)

Bob

As Colin says, there is usually a thumb screw or similar that locks the sliding action for transporting, at least there is on several similar types of sliding saws I have used.

Cheers, Paul. :D

opened it up, could'nt see what was stopping it moving long the rails, saw a bit of rust, maybe this has sizied it, will prob send it to be repaired, would they bea ble to sort it out maybe? do repeair shops charge alot?

gonaa buy the bits i need to replace from this site and fit them myself, hopefully cheaper than getting the shop to do that. http://www.toolshopdirect.co.uk/parts/l ... ----A.html

have you tried undoing the nut part 142 and seeing what that does????
on the 718 that i have there is a similar item which stops the saw moving along the slides.

paul :wink:

taken it to my loacl repair centre, started to strip it, has made a huge list of replacment parts to change, will phone me tomorrow with price and also tell me why it wont open, but looking at wht he's told me needs changing, the prices of them parts ani't cheap, so ill think i wont bother getting it repaired or buy it. thanks for the advice.

jez

Back