chiselling cheating Orange

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Having introduced the 'Do you want to pay 50p to have your call prioritised or hold to enter the normal queue for free' money-grabbing scheme, I've been quite happy to wait in the normal queue.

These thieving chiselling sprouts have now got wise to the fact that people don't want to get screwed and so opt to wait for free. So what do these thieving gits do now? Simply let you hang on, remind you three times if you want to be prioritised and then if you don't say 'We can't continue to process your call..goodbye..and then hang you up'.

So what was a free call to 150, they now force you to pay the 50p

sprouts

Everyone is out to screw you, and no matter how careful you are they still manage to get away with it.

I'm in the middle of a dispute with Avis rent-a-car who fraudulently charged my credit card £1383 despite me taking every precaution. There aren't words strong enought to describe how I feel...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mark A":1n17xxhj said:
Everyone is out to screw you, and no matter how careful you are they still manage to get away with it.

I'm in the middle of a dispute with Avis rent-a-car who fraudulently charged my credit card £1383 despite me taking every precaution. There aren't words strong enought to describe how I feel...

You don't mention it .... so in case you are not aware; I hope you have also contacted the credit card company.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... -your-card

And:

"Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods."

"You are also far more likely to get all the help possible from your credit card company if you have been to the person who supplied the faulty goods or failed to deliver a service first.

In the event they refuse or if you don't get a reply, then you should write to your credit card provider, including the following information:

What you bought, where, when and how you bought it, and how much you paid. Include copies of receipts.

Details of how the goods and services you received constituted a breach of contract as they were either faulty, not as described, or were not received at all.

Details of attempts you've made to contact the company and the responses you've had.

An explanation of what you want from the credit card company - namely to refund the money you paid for the goods you've received.

If you are rejected for a Section 75 refund and are adamant you think this was an unfair decision by your credit provider, then you can make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service."

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/card ... on-75.html

RogerS":3w0xcnbe said:
Having introduced the 'Do you want to pay 50p to have your call prioritised or hold to enter the normal queue for free' money-grabbing scheme, I've been quite happy to wait in the normal queue.

These thieving chiselling sprouts have now got wise to the fact that people don't want to get screwed and so opt to wait for free. So what do these thieving gits do now? Simply let you hang on, remind you three times if you want to be prioritised and then if you don't say 'We can't continue to process your call..goodbye..and then hang you up'.

So what was a free call to 150, they now force you to pay the 50p

sprouts

I have just tried to view my Orange bill online, ( something I haven't done for a while), and was gobsmacked to find
that they are now charging an 'upgrade to full access' fee of £1.50, ie a bill to view your bill!
I am looking forward to July when I can tell them to get stuffed.

Flynnwood":5bahw7u5 said:
Mark A":5bahw7u5 said:

You don't mention it .... so in case you are not aware; I hope you have also contacted the credit card company.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... -your-card

And:

"Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card users protection in the event they suffer from a breach of contract or misrepresentation when buying goods."

"You are also far more likely to get all the help possible from your credit card company if you have been to the person who supplied the faulty goods or failed to deliver a service first.

In the event they refuse or if you don't get a reply, then you should write to your credit card provider, including the following information:

What you bought, where, when and how you bought it, and how much you paid. Include copies of receipts.

Details of how the goods and services you received constituted a breach of contract as they were either faulty, not as described, or were not received at all.

Details of attempts you've made to contact the company and the responses you've had.

An explanation of what you want from the credit card company - namely to refund the money you paid for the goods you've received.

If you are rejected for a Section 75 refund and are adamant you think this was an unfair decision by your credit provider, then you can make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service."

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/card ... on-75.html

Hi Flynnwood,

Thanks for the post. I contacted Avis UK last Tuesday and I'm now waiting for details to be sent from Avis USA. The next day I drafted a letter and it's ready to be mailed to my credit card provider once I receive the inevitable reply in which they deny all responsibility.

Cheers,
Mark

Latest posts

Back