Cheeky Little Blue ****!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekno.mage

Established Member
Reaction score
The blue **** around here are getting very cheeky these days. It's getting to the point where we can't leave a window or door open unless we are in the room as the blue **** will boldly come inside to investigate, leave their little "calling cards" and forgetting which way they got in, panic against a window and require a rescue (a quick catch in the hands and eviction through the nearest door or window).

I came in from the workshop this morning and must have left the back door ajar, as when I went upstairs to fetch something a blue tit flew past me, straight into one of the bedrooms and did the usual panic against the window thing. I opened the window and it did eventually find its way outside again.

They (along with this summer's house martins and a cheeky robin) also get in cars and vans (ours and vistors) if doors are left open for loading.

The **** are also a menace in the shed, where they peck anything cardboard or foam to pieces - so we now have various boxes of screws with indecipherable labels that are now pecked to pieces, and some pipe insulation foam was completely destroyed. I've even seen a couple of **** pecking enthusiastically at the embroidered logo on a sweat shirt hanging on my washing line to dry - by the time I chased them away they had unpicked most of it!

I do feed the birds quite close to the house and like to watch them, so have probably brought this upon myself.

Anyone else suffer from blue tit anti-social behaviour?

We have plenty of Blue **** but not cheeky ones.

I was standing under one of my trees this morning when a flock of over a dozen Long-tailed **** landed within it - cheeping to each other and picking off the last of the insects?
Did not seemed fussed by my presence.

Lovely to watch.

Rod

Back