Cheapest Place For Tormek T3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see them sell for less then that on ebay. usually under £200 i've been watching.

woodsworth":cb81eqnr said:
i see them sell for less then that on ebay. usually under £200 i've been watching.

+1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tormek-T3-Water-C ... 19ba293e18

Handytools.co.uk have them at £224.73 (inc delivery I think) Based in Doncaster. I've just bought a T7 from them for £357 and found their service to be excellent. I ordered by 'phone as I like to know things are actually in stock!

I actually stumbled on a Foley Belsaw Sharpening centre for a £102 delivered. After using this to hone one of my irons i think the Tormek's are very over priced. While it is true they have a lot of attachments, they cost a lot of money as well. It just seems every time you turn your head to do another thing on the Tormek you have to spend another £100 or so for the jig.

woodsworth":29sfxn2u said:
I actually stumbled on a Foley Belsaw Sharpening centre for a £102 delivered. After using this to hone one of my irons i think the Tormek's are very over priced. While it is true they have a lot of attachments, they cost a lot of money as well. It just seems every time you turn your head to do another thing on the Tormek you have to spend another £100 or so for the jig.

I agree and researched this before I bought but Iv'e just set the new T7 up today and sharpened 1 chisel ( an old one from my general site toolbox) and I'm impressed.

Absolutely straight and even very sharp edge and I haven't honed it yet!

I hate sharpening and if this makes it more enjoyable then for me, it's money well spent.
Usually when I'm due a major sharpening session, I pipper off to the golf course but weather's too bad :(

Back