Cheap Trend diamond stones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are people using these for? Are they being used in conjunction with finer stones? I've never used diamond stones so I don't know much about them.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Imagine a low grade wet n dry paper that lasts longer. First grind kinda thing. Innovates have been prising the 'stone' off and there's a finer grade underneath.
If you look on the site theres a 'bench stone' option. same thing but its 5 stones for £20 instead.

What grade does anyone with one to hand think the two sides are? RM have taken mine hostage at the 'open 12:00-12:05 on the fifth Friday of the month' sorting office.

Watch out though, mine arrived today and the coarse side isn't flat - quite domed in fact - so not much good for flattening chisels and such as I discovered. Strangely the fine side (which wasn't supposed to be available until prised out of the holder) does appear to be flat. It will still prove useful, and for a fiver you can't expect much!

After reading the last post I checked the two I've just recieved - against each other - no daylight, so either one or both are concave or they're flat as a pancake :D

Looking at their website. They have a double sided that looks identical for £50. I would guess that these are one and the same, but perhaps an error resulted in a batch being glued into the holder. Cheaper to sell off than remedy. Come Monday, stock permitting, I'll be buying one too.

Thanks for the heads up op.

Having received mine and duly thumped the base off to get to the fine side I found this:

Diamond stone1.jpg

The diamond bit delaminated from the plastic base which clearly shows the word DIASHARP.

I thought DiaSharp was DMT's brand? Am i missing something?

I'm going to get the other side off the base and then epoxy them both to a flat piece of MFC. I'll let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• Diamond stone1.jpg
    Diamond stone1.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 612
Interesting. I've just ordered another - so if I get a flat coarse and flat fine, I'm a winner! They're quite a handy size for portability and the holders are actually quite good. I'm not sure on their longevity, but if they are in fact DMT stones they should last OK. All in all, thanks for the heads up OP :D

Back