Cheap Short Term Workshop Space for rent in Birmingham

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Togalosh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Gents,

(Hands up - this is an advertisement of sorts so hopefully the Moderators are ok with this.. it is for a Charity run project though & for woodworkers, but if not then sorry)

I realise this is long shot but if you or anyone you know could do with a workshop/workspace/band practice space on a short term lease in Birmingham then there's plenty available at The Old Print Works, Balsall Heath. There's 24hr access, it is cheap & secure. http://www.oldprintworks.org/about-opw/ .

In case you want to know why I am putting this up ( & risking annoying the Mods etc) it is under threat of closure & we need more tenants to increase revenue.

The OPW is grade 2 listed industrial building in Balsall Heath, opposite Moseley Baths (where those transfers you got out of cereal packets as a child were printed). Since the printers moved out 5 yrs ago it's has been a hub for creative people to do whatever their hearts desired. Also if you'd like your 6-9yr old to learn how to turn (wood & metal), weld, build a sea worthy boat, make a canon, compose music or whatever they choose then this is where to come. I have my workshop there & it is now under threat of closure _ hence this thread. If it closes then 25 makers lose their workspace & Balsall Heath becomes even less colourful & vibrant.

It is an old, tired, cold factory (no south facing windows for printing) so it has been difficult for the man who'd brainchild this is been to get more units ready for permanent rent - let alone kitting the "skill shed" for woodworking etc. It is ideal for temporary leasing right away & if we get to the backing to purchase the building then it the units will be properly completed.. & then we can teach woodwork, metalwork, textiles, art, pottery et al to even more Adults & children.

Thanks for reading (& that's Mods)
Togs

Latest posts

Back