Cheap shop vacuum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, SF - sounds good to me. :D

BTW where are you going to use it - in your 'shop? (The apostrophe, denoting the abbreviation, is deliberate, but not intending to start another discussion, and might resolve the other issue) :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Tell you what, Trev; let's do this the easy way. I will be using it in the "garage" which is also sometimes known as my "workshop". That is what I call it, anyway. My wife always calls it the garage but either way it is still just over there!
We understand each other but that could be due to years of practice!
She hasn't found the new "toy" yet, by the way!
Cheers.

SF

Careful shadowfax.
She may find it better than her vacuum cleaner & pinch yours.
You'd better get a spare to hide from her. ;)

I'm pretty certain that vac was £39.95 when I bought it last year.
I had seen it on the B&Q website but looked all round for it in their shed.
Next time I went there they were piled high near the tills.

Shadowfax, pleased to hear that the post was helpful. Mrs T hasn't 'noticed' mine yet either :wink:
Cheers

Tony

With you all the way, SF - all for doing things the easy way! :wink: My "workshop" is, in fact, an old "stable" but LOML frequently refers to it as "your shed" :roll: :lol: but, no matter, I know what she means and, after many years, we've also got the hang of understanding each other. She is, however, quite good at noticing new 'toys' on the odd occasions that she ventures into my workshop/stable/shed!

Cheers,

Trev.

Have you noticed how the ladies always ignore the intricasies of a project, saying what a mess you are making, and then wanting to know why it took so long to complete? ("And I thought it would be darker/lighter/smaller/larger/better etc. etc. than that!")
I guess I can visualise something better than SWMBO can. Or is it just that we are not thinking of the same end result anyway?
Or perhaps I can't actually visualise anything half as well as I think I can!
I wonder!
Cheers.

SF

John,

Despite my earlier piece of irony you are totally correct in your assertion that the term "shopvac" is of North American origin, as is the term "shop" an abbreviation of the more familiar and correct term "workshop". Of course our North American friends may also refer to a woodworking workshop as a "woodshop" which may confuse the uninformed amongst our members who may perceive the term "woodshop" to denote a retail establishment specializing in the sale of wood. In my own mind I, somewhat dubiously, refer to my workshop as my shop as I regard it as an area of activity as indeed the normal connotation of the term should indicate. I hope this clears up any confusion that may have arisen from the aforementioned ongoing informative discussion.

Rgds

Noel, whose middle does not begin with H....

There is nothing wrong with a difference of opinion Noely.
I used to argue hammer and tong with a very large west indian at work.
On more than one occasion someone tried to intervene to seperate us, thinking we would come to blows.
They would immediately be told to 'go away' (or words to that effect)
We had the greatest respect for eachother and both learned a lot from our arguments.
It's only when you argue but don't learn that it was a waste of time.
I'll continue working in my 'shop' and when in a factory read the shop notices & government safety rules about shop work on the wall. ;)

Hi Dewy,

A bit of tongue in cheekery. Wasn't earnest reasoning...

Rgds

Noel

Back