Cheap sharpening service in Glasgow.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightclan

Established Member
Reaction score
For anyone in West Central Scotland, I just found a cheap sharpening service. Scottish Saw Services.

I've been using R&J for the past couple years, their prices have for the most part been reasonable (about £7-8 for a circular blade) but they seem to charge a bit high for anything else. The quality of their sharpening is excellent. But today I went in with a badly abused cheap ripping blade (don't ask). They wanted to charge me £14 :shock: I said the blade isn't worth much more than that and left. :cry:

I was contemplating ordering a new blade when I remembered Scottish Saw Services. I had driven by them many times and said to myself, "I should try them sometime." But I was pretty happy with R&J, so never got around to trying them. Today I sheepishly went in with my abused blade, expecting a similar response. Instead the man said "No problem, that'll be £3 for the sharpen and £1 to replace one of the teeth." :D

I'll get it back on Monday and report on the quality of their work. Even if the quality is just acceptable, I can get it sharpened twice for the price of R&J. I can get the address as well if anyone is interested. But, they're just off Carntyne Square in the East End of Glasgow.

Brad

Brad

Good as New. :D (Minus a healthy bit of carbide. But that's more to do with cheap carbide, and my abuse of the blade than to do with their sharpening skill). Just happy to have extended the life of the blade for a very reasonable price.

I guess they charge 10p a tooth; whereas R&J seem to have been charging what they felt like on the day :roll:

Brad

For anyone in West Central Scotland, I just found a cheap sharpening service. Scottish Saw Services.

I've been using R&J for the past couple years, their prices have for the most part been reasonable (about £7-8 for a circular blade) but they seem to charge a bit high for anything else. The quality of their sharpening is excellent. But today I went in with a badly abused cheap ripping blade (don't ask). They wanted to charge me £14 :shock: I said the blade isn't worth much more than that and left. :cry:

I was contemplating ordering a new blade when I remembered Scottish Saw Services. I had driven by them many times and said to myself, "I should try them sometime." But I was pretty happy with R&J, so never got around to trying them. Today I sheepishly went in with my abused blade, expecting a similar response. Instead the man said "No problem, that'll be £3 for the sharpen and £1 to replace one of the teeth." :D

I'll get it back on Monday and report on the quality of their work. Even if the quality is just acceptable, I can get it sharpened twice for the price of R&J. I can get the address as well if anyone is interested. But, they're just off Carntyne Square in the East End of Glasgow.

Brad

Brad
Hi there, can they sharpen garden shears, do you know

Back