Cheap Piller Drill Lidl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the digital angle gauge on Thursday. Haven't used it in anger yet but seems fairly good. When tested for square against my M&W engineers' square it was Bob on.

I bought one of the saws yesterday for oldest son as he's helping fit out a friends new shop. Seems pretty flimsy and a bit Fisher Price but at that money I don't suppose you can expect too much.

Noisy, vibrates quite a bit and not so much soft as scary start but it cuts square and has a three year guarantee so we'll see how he gets on with it. If he doesn't need it again it'll be handy to have as a spare in the workshop if mine is on a job somewhere.

Shug

Long term I have found that drilling steel that there is movement when applying pressure to the work piece, I had about 1mm deviation through a piece of 32mm thick solid bar because its being pushed off square. Maybe I'm asking too much of it TBH but I think I'll be looking for an old machine to referb soon.

Bigbud78":1b0ndmss said:
Long term I have found that drilling steel that there is movement when applying pressure to the work piece, I had about 1mm deviation through a piece of 32mm thick solid bar because its being pushed off square. Maybe I'm asking too much of it TBH but I think I'll be looking for an old machine to referb soon.

You shouldn't have to apply much pressure, is your drill blunt?

When I say pressure I mean when the drill bit makes contact with the work piece, I'm not forcing it. If I extend it out I can feel play in the "quill" ? Drill bit was new :)

Sounds likely that the drill table is deflecting - this is very common on "lighter" pillar drills.
You can try using the bottom table but I would check how square they are to be sure it is not
out of line. What size drill are you using ? Is the speed appropriate ?

Back