Charnwood sliding table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewdt3

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got a Charnwood W619. Really chuffed with it although I have gone from a homemade saw to this so anything would probably seem good. The only query I have with it is does the sliding table normally fit flush with the main table or should it be slightly raised as this is? I would have thought flush would have been better?

Thanks

Drew

they are usual ever so slightly higher mate, only a fraction... means the work piece can be slid without snagging my wadkin SP12 is as is my bosch gts 10 xc.

im just debating weather to go with a Charnwood (w269 or w650) or a Axminster version.... i like most of the features of the Charns but the look of the fence in the pics put me off... hows the fence?

gareth

Cheers for the reply.This is about 2 or 3mm higher is that about right? The fence is not very smooth when you move it but you do get used to it and it doesn't really bother me. Now it's set up it seems to cut spot on. I was cutting 5mm strips earlier out of 2x2 and they were spot on end to end. The W650 appears to have a better looking fence.

Drew

drewdt3":1sbqs5er said:
Cheers for the reply.This is about 2 or 3mm higher is that about right? The fence is not very smooth when you move it but you do get used to it and it doesn't really bother me. Now it's set up it seems to cut spot on. I was cutting 5mm strips earlier out of 2x2 and they were spot on end to end. The W650 appears to have a better looking fence.

Drew

thats more than ether of my current saws, can you fettle it to go any lower, i would certainly try, 1mm would be my aim.

good news on the fence, the pondering continues.

Latest posts

Back