Charnwood Dust Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For chips it's like most, sort of ok, for dust, won't be much good depending on how fussy you are. It's the fine stuff that kills. Now, which model were you thinking of?

The figures don't stack up one of theirs has a 3.75kW motor and is supposed to move 6500cmh through a smallish filter area. Here it is http://www.toolsnstuff.co.uk/product_in ... s_id=22423

This is the one piece of equipment that you should specify the performance, and then buy something that performs. Don't buy on price, otherwise you might as well not bother.

I only have ashed as a workshop so space is valuable to me, i was thinking something like this (link) its got to be better than nothing.

That really is a chip collector, works for big stuff like the shavings from a planner or thicknesser but fine dust will go though the bag, so don't use it if you are routing MDF. A shop vac with a fine filter is required for that fine stuff.

DaveL":wx91ip28 said:
That really is a chip collector, works for big stuff like the shavings from a planner or thicknesser but fine dust will go though the bag, so don't use it if you are routing MDF. A shop vac with a fine filter is required for that fine stuff.

Any links? for shop vacs. I do have a vaccum connected to the router which seems ok but it was the T/S and Thicknesser and planer i need to attend to.

tiler,
I went for the sip one from toolstation £122-00 you get the standard top bag but you also get a fine one as well :D .
A standard one for the bottom and/or a plastic sack,plus 2 quick release straps.It works well on the p/t.

tiler99":1vtsfn9j said:
Anyone using one of these and if so is it any good?

Had one for 3 years and very happy. Never given any trouble. I got a 1 micron bag for it form Axminster (Bean has the same one and no problems either)

Back