Changing belt on Axminster CT150 planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucephalus

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I bought one of the blue axminster CT-150 planers from someone on the forum a couple of years back and now that I'm finally clearing all the junk out of my workshop I've got around to setting it up. Not sure if it is me (but it probably is) but the system of loosening the four bolts holding the motor to change the belt is a nightmare to adjust - moving the motor seems very stiff (I am not that strong) to the point that even though I knew it was almost certainly a bad idea, I had to tip the machine over 45 degrees towards the infeed table (but not resting on the infeed table) so that I could move the motor more horizontally than vertically... after fitting the new belt I can't seem to get the motor square which means the motor pulley is not co-planar with the cutter head pulley... and I'm not confident about where the bolts should be on the adjustment slots to get the correct tension (the axminster guide leaves a lot to be desired). I've looked for other threads but nobody else seems to have this particular problem? #-o

Any advice or tips on the best way to adjust and set this accurately would be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation

Gavin

Latest posts

Back