*Changed To Workshop/Contents Insurance*

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you got workshop Insurance?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was shocked when I entered all the tools I have into an excel spread sheet - I thought I had about £1000 may be £1500 of tools to my horror I had over £5000 - back to my insurance company to increase cover.
Thanks for getting me into action

I answered 'NO' to the question "do you have workshop insurance" because I do not have a separate workshop insurance policy. I do, however, have adequate cover provided by my buildings and contents policies.

Trev.

thanks mike interesting reading
and youve just remimded me its renewal time again
will ask the same questions as you
mel

Mike,
Just got my renewal through so I've got details to hand

1) Yes
2)no
3) Theft £3000. No Max for fire. 4) I do not recall.
4) Not looked for a while
5) No
6) No
7) No

cd

After the first few votes i expected the "No's Vote" to be close to the "Yes Vote" but i would never have guessed that after 33 votes nearly 50% of those that voted said that the contents of workshop are not covered'
Or are all the NO votes like Trevtheturner who answered No because he does not have a separate policy, but is covered by his house contents policy?

Of course insurance could be at the bottom of most peoples list, just like dust extraction, eye and ear protection and other health and safety products. I mean when we are first starting out, none of this is at the top of anybodys wish list. That is of course until you have a near miss when a piece of wood flies past your head. Or you are coughing up saw dust.

Does this sound familiar? Don't leave the insurance until after somebody has nicked your hard earned tools.

Cheers

Mike

Jake wrote:

Who are the bigger thieves, over a lifetime though?

Yeah i know what you mean, but then, you could be insured for a day, when you had a fire or a break in. Slap in a claim in for say £5000 and when you receive the cheque, you'll be happy that you the paid the premium.

On the other hand you could pay year in and year out for the rest of your life, and never need to claim.

The choice is yours. I know i would prefer the piece of mind, and be happy if i never needed to claim.

Anyway, am i fighting a losing battle waiting for anyone else to partake in the poll? If so i am afraid that my research has come to a full stop. Why? well out of the 35 which answered:

2 of these were my dad and i.

Out of 19 yes votes (20 with trev) 12 seem to be happy and 2 (myself included) are not. and as for the 15 no votes, i do not have any idea what so ever, why they are not insured. If the yes votes were a great deal more than the no's then i might of had a clearer picture, but as it is, I am going no where.

Again, thanks to does who took part.

Cheers

Mike

Back