Chair Exhibition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the exhibition of chairs at the Bradford Museum (Cartwright Hall)? I'm inclined to go, but it is a bit of a jaunt, which is OK if it is worth it but I don't want to waste a day if it's not. Is it worth the trip?

It's on until March 24th.

Cheers
Steve

Well you could also take in the Museum of Film and Photography while you're there then take the road to Haworth and drop in at The Flappit for a fabulous steak and yorkie pud lunch.

I didn't know it was on Steve, but now I do, I might head down there tomorrow. It's only 5 minutes away. I will let you know what it is like.

The National Media Museum, as it is now called, is excelent. Or at least it used to be. I haven't been for a number of years. They have an Imax screen, so you could take in one of their awe inspiring films.

I could even get the kettle boiling if you are heading up this way. Or has that put you off. :D

Well Steve, I finally made it down to the exhibition. I have posted here rather than emailing you, so anyone else thinking of going can see.

I can honestly say... DON NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! It was very disappointing. It was in very small room and there were only about 4 or 5 decent chairs there. The Macintosh was nice, but that was about it. Everything else was moulded plastic rubbish.

Sorry to disappoint. :(

Ah well, thank you for preventing me wasting my time and petrol. What a pity, it sounds a really good idea. I did see a good collection somewhere once. Maybe V&A. Or more likely some castello somewhere. It'll come to me.*

Thanks for doing the legwork!

Cheers
Steve

*Edit - Musée d'Orsay, Paris

There is also a permenant exhibition of chairs at High Wycombe Museum. I would like to visit, as I am interested in country chairs and vernacular style. If any readers here have already visited, I would be interested to hear of your impressions on this exhibition.

Thanks

Emyr

lurker":2di8dhmp said:
Steve Maskery":2di8dhmp said:
*Edit - Musée d'Orsay, Paris

I thought that was a museum of things equine

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It also houses the most jaw-droppingly stunning collection of impressionist art in the world. Highly recommended if you are ever in Paris. Sorry to go a bit OT there, it just made such an impression (pun intended) on me.

Back