Cement mixer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicey1

Reaction score
Hi all, need some advice, has any body built a wooden cement mixer stand to replace this. I lent my mixer to a neighbour who ran over the stand with a digger. I am no welder so can only fabricate in wood with perhaps long thread bolts and reinforced strapping maybe. Would appreciate some advice.
6533E524-A90B-4FC3-9A2C-3352E5117FD6.png
6533E524-A90B-4FC3-9A2C-3352E5117FD6.png

There's many ways to make a functional replacement. One possibility could be two sides of shuttering ply as solid panels mimicking the outline shape, spaced apart by (as you mentioned it) althread and large washers and nuts. Clumsy neighbour not offering a replacement?

This is why I only lend tools to the few good friends that I know will bring it back as good as they took it, with fresh blades/bits if they used them and replace anything if its broken. Grand total of about 3 people.

Looked everywhere for replacement stand, only found old photos no stand, another problem is I have no idea what this type is called type in mixer stand and all you get is the three/four leg coat stand design Or food mixer.
I think it’s make something time, got most of it in my head but can’t get round how to make the u shaped cups the mixer axle stands in on the top wood won’t do, got to be very strong I suppose steel beaten into shape and screwed on, need to think on it.

Back