Cedar Waxwings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter Johnson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello friends....

I'm not a birdwatcher and I don't klnow whether this one appears only in North America, but it has the unusual behavior of gathering in groups on berry trees and passing a berry from one beak to another until one of them swallows it...and then they start over again.

The puzzle? 273 pieces from my usual 5-ply poplar. The picture is from a calendar and was great fun to cut....now my wife will put it together....and I think that will be fun too...

Carter

286620854.jpg

:D Hello Carter

Your identification is correct, they are Waxwings. They will be appearing in the UK anytime now from northern and eastern Europe.
They are great lovers of the berries of Rowan trees and can usually be spotted doing all sorts of gymnastics on the trees (often in supermarket car parks and other open spaces around buildings).
My wife and I who are both keen wildlife photographers (her with video and me with stills) have our cameras primed and ready to go as soon as the first ones appear locally.
Superb puzzle. Very well done and I bet it will be a great one to complete.

Latest posts

Back