Season's Greetings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter Johnson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello my UK friends...

Here's a ~350-piece puzzle I just finished for the coming season. It's cut with a FD 2/0 "Superior Puzzle" blade from 1/4" 5-ply poplar, which I've found to be remarkably sturdy and strong. The picture, from a Susan Winget calendar, is ideal for my color-line-cutting style. Every tree, reindeer, pine cone, bird, house, etc. is cut into one or more pieces, as is the log border. The photo of the back has been flipped horizontally to identify the pieces easier.

Have phun..... Carter

340515649.jpg

340515653.jpg

Amazed as always Carter. Forgive me if you have already answered these questions here before, but do you sell these? Or is it a hobby for you? If you sell them, what sort of price do they go for? Purely out of interest.

Many thanks, Wizer. When I started 15 years ago, I sat back and realized that though I didn't have as much money as I wanted, I probably had as much as I needed (that's not quite as true with todays markets). Therefore I decided not to sell my puzzles, preferring it to be strictly MY hobby. I do, however, know what they are worth. As an example, this puzzle of ~350 pieces would sell for $450+ dollars (I leave the conversion to you).

One thing this meant was that, as my basement inventory reached more than 300 puzzles, I put in a panicked call to my insurance agent to make sure I was covered!

After completion. I take them apart and my wife puts them together. They then in turn go to two local families, after which they become part of my library that I loan out to other familes around the U.S. I have a few that have been assembled 15+ times.

Have phun..... Carter

Thanks for satisfying my interest. I like your approach to your hobby and, indeed, I can see that it must remain fun and interesting. Look forward to seeing your next piece.

Back