Quantcast

Cat pattern

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Leo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a woodturner so have only been looking in that area of the site so far :oops: , but just got my basic :cry: , first scroll saw and am trying to find a pattern for a frontal cat to match this pattern http://www.stevedgood.com/catandmouse.pdf , any ideas or how to make my own with normal pc. software would be much appreciated. =D>

Thank you !! :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas to you all..................... :deer :ho2

Leo

BigShot

Established Member
Reaction score
Dunno where to find a pattern, but you might find Inkscape a useful bit of kit for drawing simple patterns like that (which you can then scale up and down very easily for different sizes).
www.inkscape.org

Daven

Established Member
Reaction score
Have a look here or here. If you need an outline of any of them let me know as I have software that will do it quite quick ;-)

Dave

Leo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you both very much, with the info that you have given me, I will be able to sort out most patterns that I may want.

trifik

Leo

BigShot

Established Member
Reaction score
What an efficient thread! :D

Just a tip - if you ever want to find images/files in a format (vector graphics) that Inkscape can use, include "svg" in your search terms. The filetype is SVG which stands for Scalable Vector Graphics - the scalable part will become obvious when you get to grips with Inkscape.

Adobe Illustrator is the leading paid-for vector graphic editor so if you come across files marked as being for illustrator, there's a fair chance they'll be usable in Inkscape too.

Leo

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you very muchly BigShot, much appreciated !!!!

Leo

Latest posts