Virgin packages... NOT A COMPLAINT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.... Merry Christmas and all that :ho2 :deer

Ok, so we're with Virgin media and have been for a while.

No problem.

We normally use the 'Line Advance' rental saver scheme (pay 12 months in advance and get a decent discount on line rental).

No problem.

And like so many others nowadays, we dont really use the landline and just use our inclusive minutes on the mobiles.

Again... no problem.

But as our Line Advance is coming to an end shortly, plus the fact i see they are now doing packages that 'include' the phone-line rental for MUCH LESS than we are paying, i'm just wondering if there's any other peeps on here that have said "I'm giving you 30 days notice, please close my account after that time" then re-open a NEW Virgin account to be able to take advantage of these 'deals' that are for new customers only...??

Every 12 months we all do it (i hope).... look for the best deals on our utility bills, car/household insurances, mobile phone deals. Why cant the same be done for tv and 'media'...??

Dont get me wrong... i'm happy with Virgin... but i do object to having to subsidise 'New' customers... :evil:

Look forward to hearing from anyone thats 'done it' and was it easy / any regrets etc....

Cheers guys/gals

Nick

I'm with virgin, you have to watch them as the bill creeps up without you noticing and then you threaten to quit and the price comes down. Last time the usual phone call didn't work and they called my bluff and I told them to cancel it, just before the deactivation date they phoned with a much better deal.

Virgin have been putting up their prices year on year, just like all the others. I suppose that we all have to pay for the expansion to remote communities.

When my last rise came through a couple of months ago my heart sank. I don't have a lot of choice, as I have vowed never ever to be a BT customer ever, ever again. Never. Not at all. No. Never.

So I rang up and asked if there was any way I could reduce my bill. I don't use my landline much. I don't have TV, it's just BB I want, really.

"Certainly sir, we can offer you a loyalty discount of xx". I can't remember how much, but it was definitely worth having. The only condition is that I stay with them for the next period, I can't remember whether it was 12 or 18 months, something like that, not too onerous.

So give them a call, be nice about it and see what they say.

Back