Carpentry dilemma - Coped joint where both sides not horizon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy, the added horizontal returns I think now would make it look rather bitty, or perhaps clunky as you call it, and I think the solutions proposed by deema are better. I agree with the suggested alterations to the meeting of the rising capping moulding to the horizontal one.

I haven't seen or heard the term Hunting mitre for a many a year (perhaps even a decade or two), and I'd even forgotten of the existence of the name. Nice to see it used and to be reminded of it. I can't recall when I last joined a straight moulding into a curved one either! Slainte.

Gents, thanks for all the replies, I haven't had a chance to read them all yet (at work) but will do this evening and post a couple of pics of how I "got round "the problem. Perhaps not the correct way of doing it but I have managed to make it appear as though it was intended the way it ended up.

Thanks again - more pics to come this evening.

David

PS Billy - Wasn't snapping back at you either bud.

David let me reassure you that I never took any of your posts as snapping back at me. You came to the forum asking for advice and it is JMHO that the forum gave you a first class simple solution to the problem you where having.My posts calls into question just how helpful to you was the posting of pretty pictures of another job that was never going to be the solution here,and comments such as it will look OK with a coat of paint on it, that just smacks of sloberiton & leaveit.
David the main thing is both you and you wife are happy with the out come of the project and that's what counts Billy.

Latest posts

Back