CarbTip - a question for US based members

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roger Sinden":kl5k8vyb said:
This brand is unknown to me. Can anyone please shed any light please. Are they a good brand-name?

Many thanks

Roger

I've got a couple CarbTip blades. They're passable. Nothing more. They're a very inexpensive brand, and you get what you pay for. I only use them for things I don't want to waste my good blades on. What type of blade were you looking at?

Brad

wrightclan":2a5hr9rd said:
Roger Sinden":2a5hr9rd said:
This brand is unknown to me. Can anyone please shed any light please. Are they a good brand-name?

Many thanks

Roger

I've got a couple CarbTip blades. They're passable. Nothing more. They're a very inexpensive brand, and you get what you pay for. I only use them for things I don't want to waste my good blades on. What type of blade were you looking at?

Brad

Ssshh...a d*** set but given what you've said I will pass on them, thanks.

wrightclan":2vmja8ar said:
Can you use a d@d* :-$ [-( set on your DeWalt? :wink:

Take a look at the Forum Users Radial Arm Saws thread and you will find an answer (as agreed by the deWalt rep, no less). The problems are that the DW guard is too narrow to accommodate a stacked set above about 1/2in, the arbor is also too short, there is no facility to lock (or use a lock nut on) a stacked saw dado set on a DW with a brake either. This means that the safe way to use one is to buy either the DW split 2-piece adjustable grooving cutters or an equivalent.

Scrit

Hi Brad

Yes..I appreciated that, thanks, but I think Scrit was referring to a RAS. Yes..the TS does..max. width 13/16" 5/8" arbor. Philly recommended a Freud set and also machine Mart as a supplier.

Many thanks

Roger

Back