Car.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
We're thinking of getting a smaller car, at the moment we are looking with favour at the Fiat Panda.
Anyone drive one, and if so what is your opinion of them?

Roy.

I can't fault our Ford Ka Roy. 1300engine =cheap tax,
very nifty when needed around town and it's surprising
how much timber you can get in with the back seats down.
And the bodywork is surprisingly good re rust, and i live
on the coast. Just a suggestion mind, all the Fiat's i've been
in have been very uncomfortable, especially on long
journey's :x . We once went from Sunderland to Pembroke
in a Cinqucento(sp.), it was like sitting wooden seats, never,
ever again. :lol:

This is most frustrating! For some reason it won't play for me, put me out of my misery Roger, what happened?

Roy.

The problem with the Ford is the local dealership!
The Panda is listed as being very cheap to run as well as the Ka, a big plus for both as petrol is one of my major expenses, one of the downsides of country living of course.
I've had a number of Fiat Puntos over the years and not found them to be uncomfortable, is it just the Cinquecento possibly?

Roy.

James May loves his Fiat Panda, as did Honest John in The Telegraph, if I didn't need a bigger car I'd consider it. The 4WD would be useful round here in the winter months - like now!

Few dealers now a days seem agreeable to a test drive, or is that just round here?

Roy.

We have a Kia Picanto 1.1, its a great little car, we have had it from new, done 55k miles in just over 4 years and its never missed a beat. Passed both MOT's with flying colours. I consider it was money well spent.

I have one :lol: :p

2007 Diesel

60 plus mpg

£35 a year road tax

power steering
5 doors
remote locking

Alloy wheels

Nice sound system

Red

Electric front windows

16K on the clock

cant fault it

and I am about to sell it :lol:

AS I Fancy a Land Rover Defender :roll:

Blister":29r7fhpo said:
AS I Fancy a Land Rover Defender :roll:
You won't get 60mpg or anywhere remotely close. It's the only thing I detest about mine...driving it onto a forecourt to fill up :evil: - Rob

My parents bought a current model petrol Panda about a year after they were launched. Sadly, their illness intervened and I ended up driving it a lot for them and thought it was excellent. I never used it on motorways, but for country lane use it was superb. The narrowness also made it easier to squeeze through gaps as well. Adequate ride. Surprising amount of space, and coped well with four adults in it. And with it being relatively upright it was much easier for Dad with dodgy legs to get in and out of. When they passed away I only sold it as it had too many bad memories of their final year - I'd have happily kept it as my own everyday car from a practical viewpoint.

Boz

Wasn't the Panda listed as the small car of the recent decade? Alongside the Focus as the family car, I think. I like them. Wouldn't buy a Focus - when I accidentally hit one it wasn't good.......

The Panda seems very popular locally, but without driving a fair distance we are limited to Ford, Honda, Citroen or Fiat, and there seems to be a heck of lot more Fiats around than the other makes.

Roy.

Back