Car Boot Haul

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_Mc

Established Member
Reaction score
I swapped £15 of my hard earned for the following at this mornings local car boot sale;

- Small Rabone Chesterman Swivel Vice
- Sandvik 328 14 Point Back Saw
- Moore & Wright Digital Vernier
- Coping Saw
- Rubber Mallet
- A 20" Straight Edge ??? (It's marked AGS and is cast aluminium ... anyone know what the 2 countersunk holes at either end are for?)

My humble tool collection grows ... think I'm addicted.

Attachments

• Car Boot Haul 14_04_2013.jpg
    Car Boot Haul 14_04_2013.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 1,708
Seems that the "AGS" rail originated on another piece of kit, but should serve well as long as it's straight. I'd assume the countersunk holes are intended for countersunk wood or machine screws. Daft answer, I know, but without knowing it's origin .......... :D

AGS is the model name for wadkin's smaller multipurpose table saw (as opposed to a dedicated sawbench or panel saw)...

WOW Rob!!!

M&W digital caliper £25

AGS paper cutter C 1940s....£95....if you have the rest of it....

See...I'm old enough to remember the days when you bought goods from a shop (remember those) and the assistant wrapped it in brown paper for you.

Now what you could do is put it on a board...with some roll support behind and you will have a superb wallpaper cutter! All you need to do is sharpen the leading edge a bit!

So...what we up to now...£120...call it £100 for change...little vise...a tenner....couple of saws...B&Q to get replacements...say £20....and a rubber mallet to bang home the point to anyone who says bootfairs are a waste of time... :roll:

Plus...no gym fees for all that exercise!!!

Result!! =D>

Jimi

The AGS conundrum solved .... never would have guessed paper cutter .... great spot, thanks Jimi.

Back