Car boot haul

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1245

Established Member
Reaction score
Managed to drag myself out of bed early on sunday and attended a local car boot sale. Managed to bag a stanley 4 1/2 (type 13) for £2.50, pretty rusty and not origional iron, gonna try scarping and filling to flatten this one, a Lloyd davis (anyone heard of them?) 8" dovetail saw for £2.50, an old 56" record sash clamp for £4.50 and a wooden toothing plane for £4.50. Pretty good day i think.

To top it all off, got given (free of charge) a sandvik 756 20" handsaw and a disston 22" on tuesday. Both in very good condition. :D

Matt.

Whereabouts did you say you lived matt??.......

Not telling :lol:

Do have a surface plate, or sheet of thick glass? I have some variations in my process that might interest you.

It was you site that that got me thinking about the filing, but unfortunatly i don't have a surface plate, and the only glass i have is 2 3mm pieces laminated together. Was thinking about seeing how much it would cost to have someone surface grind it for me if it's bad after i clean the rust off.

Matt.

Back