Car Boot Stuff (finally worth going!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scouse

Established Member
Reaction score
After months of going to the car boot sale and finding nothing worth a pineapple, except for a Stanley type 13 smoother (more about which in a moment), it was finally worth the trip today. Must have been the weather, but it was literally twice the size it normally is.

Anyway, this was the haul

004.jpg

Absolutely mint Mitutoyo micrometer for £2.50 was a nice find, but there was an old bloke with his wife and about a dozen or more crates of tools, sorted into types, chisels, hammers etc, but all jumbled up, simply asking for £1 for 3 of anything regardless of what it was. So home with me came a Marples mortise chisel, unnamed caliper, Moore and Wright calipers, all three for a pound and an Eclipse saw set, Ford adjustable wrench and a smaller one by King Dick (which has been making me smirk all afternoon!) again all three for a pound.

Saving the best for last though was a rusty but ok USA sweetheart blade of roughly the type that was originally in my type 13 no.4.

I felt like a lottery winner, or possibly Jimi! :wink: :mrgreen:

I normally detest car boots, but we were at the beach in Zumerzet today, and there was a car boot on that the wife dragged me to.
No tools of interest, just lots of rubbish, but picked up a Buzz Lightyear for £2 which to my little boy is priceless, and a "taming toddlers" book which the seller gave us for free as the little one was kicking off at the time.. "Here, you need this!!", she said. LOL.

Si.

Well done that man. So glad it's finally paid off for you.
Our boot sale is a Sunday one - wish it had been today, looks like a change in the weather tomorrow ...

Nice finds Scouse...particularly the SW iron! That "Ford" wrench...in fact both wrenches are almost exactly the same as my finds last week...so it IS a Ford wrench then....any chance of a picture of the logo?

I am afraid today was my "help the missus set up" day.....so the haul was scant....

DSC_0128.JPG

Another red vice (vise) - this time a UNIVICE for 50p....at this rate I will need the vice squad! :mrgreen:

DSC_0129.JPG

A "portable battery Megger" tester....nice old vintage piece...not charged up but a quid!

The "Front Line" magazine is magnificent...and two quid...a lot...but I wanted it...

DSC_0131.JPG

....and funnily Scouse....a caliper by....

DSC_0130.JPG

The sun was glorious....again...a great way to get a suntan!

And I have something to read tonight!

Cheers

Jimi

you've got a load of nasty old bits of metal in the way of the discounted sofa's
please repost better pictures of the good deals
thanks
:wink:

Back