Candle inserts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to have a go at making a candlestick. Please could someone let me know where I can buy metal candle cups, is that what they're called? I've been googling it but just getting lists of pretty candle holders for sale and so far haven't found anything that would be suitable as a metal insert.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Peggy

Make sure you get the ones with bottoms not the ones that are just sleeves. I have had candlesticks I have turned char using the sleeves as the candle gets towards the bottom. Not worth the risk.

Pete

Thank you all for your help. The links are great, I can't get to Ikea, there isn't even a woodturning shop anywhere near by. The internet is great if you live in the middle of nowhere!

Peggy , from just past the middle of nowhere have you checked with McKennas in Limerick or roynans in thurles or richard gouges in dublin or Lenahanes also in dublin
Best of luck .

Hi Eugene, thank you, but the trouble is all those places are an extremely long way past the middle of nowhere! I did however manage to get to Galway to buy a chuck for my candle making but it cost 100euro...sigh, just too much for me at the moment.

Back