Can you use universal base plates under table inserts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradyS

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have this situation where I have the Freud FT2000VCE ready for table mounting and I'd like the Incra MagnaLock. Unfortunately for me, I only found the compatible MagnaLock model in the US, required to be ordered from Incra directly. Which is too much of a complication. So I thought, wouldn't it be possible to buy a different plate and use UJK's universal sub base plate UJK Universal Sub-Base to connect my router to it? I do not want to buy the undrilled one because I want to get the Triton TRA001, but it's not in the budget yet.

Advice appreciated, thank you.

Trend do a sub base plate for the Triton router

Model number/code Trend GB/5/Q

Incidentally a Trend universal base plate(pre drilled) probably fit the Freud router will cost about £17

I think UJK stuff is overpriced.

Last edited:
Trend do a sub base plate for the Triton router

Model number/code Trend GB/5/Q

Incidentally a Trend universal base plate(pre drilled) probably fit the Freud router will cost about £17

I think UJK stuff is overpriced.
I completely agree with you, only I couldn't find out whether it's compatible or not. The UJK on the other hand is and it's even advertised with a Freud router on the US market. That's the only issue.

Latest posts

Back