can you reccomend a water based replacement for pre cat?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivan

Established Member
Reaction score
My modest spraying experience has always been with cellulose based finish. Can anyone reccomend a warterbased replacement that's more or less comparable with pre cat? I asked the Fiddes technical bloke last year and he said 'We do it, but you won't like it' so I didn't push my luck!

Thanks in anticipation, etc,
Ivan

Hi

I can't actually answer your question but know a man that might! Without knowing what you have or haven't stained the pieces with, and a few other details it's hard to suggest anything without you running the risk of a bad reaction somewhere along the line.

Try Morrells woodfinishes. (No, i don't work for them) They carry a thoroughly confusing array of products which most of the sales team seem to know only a bit about, but if you ask to speak to technical support they can usually offer some advice.

Good luck.

gavin e

Thanks, Gavin.

I did not have a particular job in mind, just interested in the possibility of changing to waterbased finishing. I have only room for a makeshift temporary spray "booth" (booth? Hahahaha!) better suited to non combustible products.....

Latest posts

Back