Can this be rescued?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIght, the toys are back in the pram!

Thank you for all the ideas/suggestions guys it’s much appreciated =D>

I will attempt to raise the grain and lightly sand back and see where I end up. Either way I will use it until I have made something better (cherry,maple or walnut)

I need to learn to be less disheartened when something doesn’t work out...especially this early in my woodworking (this is the first item I have made)

Thanks again guys :D

Arron

It should cost you under a tenner to put a toughened piece of glass on top. Too good to throw out !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just an update for those that have helped..
Raised the grain and lightly sanded back followed by a final beeswax, worked a treat!

With regards as to the suitability of spalted beech, I have read enough to Be happy with this as a chopping board. Time will tell I guess! :D

Thank you again for the help guys, much appreciated!

Arron

Turn it into another project and try again for the board. It could make a lovely platter, small table/tray top, picture frames, art piece, box lid. All sorts really.

Why would you even consider throwing it in the bin, just use if for something different like the top of a small table.

Back