Can anyone identify this wood please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaizen123

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG20220103142757.jpg

I put a partially sanded piece next to an un-sanded piece. It was reclaimed from an old bathroom cabinet.

Any ideas?

Yep, looks like the Meranti, more like the crappy basla wood style meranti they give you if you are not paying attention.

Ollie

If you can stick a thumbnail or whatever in the sappy side, meranti. if you can't, then we'll have to guess again.

I have to laugh...

Identifying wood is a complete and utter weak point of mine and I have very little idea. I'm laughing because I saw the pic and immediately warmed with excitement and went "Oak, definitely Oak".

I thought I had managed identifying something. I should still keep my mouth shut until I know more :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Rob

I have to laugh...

Identifying wood is a complete and utter weak point of mine and I have very little idea. I'm laughing because I saw the pic and immediately warmed with excitement and went "Oak, definitely Oak".

I thought I had managed identifying something. I should still keep my mouth shut until I know more :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Rob
I am far better at identifying wood if the picture also includes at least the bark, but ideally the leaves and a photo taken from a distance of the entire tree.

Photos like this for me are just a fun guessing game which I have about a 50/50 success rate at. (or maybe less)

Latest posts

Back