camvac electrical help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trojan62

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i have a been given a dust extractor that has aeg on the side of it but is more or less identicle to a camvac.
its a twin motor unit and my problem is that only one of the motors is working.
sometimes when i turn them both on they both work, but then all of a sudden the dodgy one will not work anymore.
then the next time i might go back to it several hours lather the dodgy one will work and the stop again.
im not exactly clued up in electrical work and i was wondering if nayone has had this problem with their camvac and if you fixed it, what did you do.

thanks.....

Check wiring and switches and that the brushes are adequately long and slide freely in their holders.

These things can get dust in the contacts and give intermittent results.

Sorry but the disclaimer has to be said - If you don't know or understand what you are doing get someone who does to help you.
Unfortunately, detailed help online is almost impossible to give other than the general advice above.

Camvacs are nothing more than glorified domestic vacuum cleaners, so somewhere that repairs those might be prepared to have a look or maybe there is a member nearby who can help.

Latest posts

Back