Calling all Axminster 6" Surfacer owners:

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick gloat - got one on ebay last night for £205....problem is, my van's playing up - gotta do a 150 mile round trip to pick it up.

I believe they were delivered 'flat-pack'......just how easy is it to get the tables off and stuff it in the back of a Citroen Berlingo - complete withe avatar on the LH side?

Chris.

For another £60 you could have bought this 8" :wink:
d76f_1.JPG

It went a couple of nights ago. :)

Scrums
Mine came in two boxes - one with the base unit complete with motor, the other with the top half including tables. You really don't want to strip the tables off, way too much hassle.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Make sure someone will help you load it or take a strong mate.
Just separate the base/motor stand and transport in two pieces.

cheers,
jon.

Lord Nibbo":7z7jmiw1 said:
For another £60 you could have bought this 8" :wink:
d76f_1.JPG

It went a couple of nights ago. :)

Lord Nibbo, was just wondering why you sold your Lyndhurst? I remember you only getting it a little while ago. I was thinking of getting one myself - is it not quite up to scratch?

nhough":1s4zb2ab said:
Lord Nibbo, was just wondering why you sold your Lyndhurst? I remember you only getting it a little while ago. I was thinking of getting one myself - is it not quite up to scratch?

I haven't sold mine :lol: It's one of the best machines I've ever bought \:D/

I spotted that one on ebay. It's badged different but it's exactly the same as mine except my on off switch is buried inside the front of the machine, the one in the pic has it bolted on the outside at the feed end. Oh and as I've already said the one on ebay went for about half price :cry: to what I paid.

Lord Nibbo":2g1b9gl0 said:
nhough":2g1b9gl0 said:

I haven't sold mine :lol: It's one of the best machines I've ever bought \:D/

I spotted that one on ebay. It's badged different but it's exactly the same as mine except my on off switch is buried inside the front of the machine, the one in the pic has it bolted on the outside at the feed end. Oh and as I've already said the one on ebay went for about half price :cry: to what I paid.

That's good news - it does look like a really good machine from what I've seen on the web. How easy is it to change the blades - do they need careful setting or are they self-setting?

nhough":1o93enxa said:
That's good news - it does look like a really good machine from what I've seen on the web. How easy is it to change the blades - do they need careful setting or are they self-setting?

As yet I have not needed to sharpen or replace any blades but I have adjusted them when it was new.

It's a bog standard rotor and blades, nothing out of the ordinary. They do supply a gauge which is well made but I prefer to use magnets on a flat sheet of thin formica with a sheet of paper between the formica and the outfeed table which gives me a pretty accurate set up to align the blades evenly. :)

I have got the 6inch version of the lyndhurst machine and i have to say it is one of my better purchases. The fence took a little adjustment due to a bad casting on one of the pivot nuts, however that aside it is very good very easy to adjust and leaves a very good finish. Then again i have never had a jointer before so i could be easily pleased. Wished i had the space for the 8inch version
Lifting the thing on your own is going to be fun. :lol:

Corset":ju16mudd said:
I have got the 6inch version of the lyndhurst machine and i have to say it is one of my better purchases. The fence took a little adjustment due to a bad casting on one of the pivot nuts, however that aside it is very good very easy to adjust and leaves a very good finish. Then again i have never had a jointer before so i could be easily pleased. Wished i had the space for the 8inch version
Lifting the thing on your own is going to be fun. :lol:

Fred Page another forum member has the 6" Lyndhurst and I believe overall he was happy with his, but oddly enough he also had issues with one of the pivot and the casting, it sounds if it was the same issue. I had no problems with the 8" other than trying to get it out of the packing case, yes it is seriously heavy. :)

Picked up the 6" APTC jointer yesterday, van eventually started and apart from (stupidly) using Hardknott pass in the centre of the lakes on the way back in what turned out to be a blizzard at the top....scary
!
signs2.jpg
(they are not joking.......)

Got it back safely and in one piece - an easy 2 man lift.

Very impressed with it, quiet motor and very accurate jointing - I'm used to the short steel tables on a Scheppach.

Chris.

Back